Overclocking a i7-930?

gardav858

I've just got my PC from you guys (awesome machine btw, so much power with excellent build quality) and I got it with a stock 930 and the Fenrir cooler. Rather than let the Fenrir go to waste I want to overclock the system and get even MORE power (mwuaha). I know I should have selected an overclocked PC from the start but it didn't occur to me at the time.

How would I go about this? I looked in the bios at the start up, but there was no OC option (bear in mind I'm used to using a 6 year old mobo+XP). And what is the safe limit to overclock it to?

Rakk

The Awesome
I was actually wondering the same thing - though given it's me and I'm not very good at such things, I'd probably never get round to it.

Meds

We offer the i7-930 @ 3.8GHz as we feel if you push this for 4GHz, the temperatures get a bit high and the system becomes unstable. I will PM you the settings we use for this CPU.

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
We can provide you with the settings for the Overclock. Please PM me and I'll pass these on to you.

PaulH

Bright Spark
Also remeber unless you are benchmarking and chasing numbers, you will notice no difference at all by overclocking an i7 is most tasks such as gaming, HD video editing however......remeber a cooler machine is a more efficient machine :) (although i dont know how i can speak i run on the cusp of stability 24/7 with my rig)

Rakk

The Awesome
Ah right, cool, I'll stop thinking about such things as overclocking then (Rakk breathes a sigh of relief having no idea how to do such things anyway).