painting the haf-x

Bsrz

Rising Star
Hey all, I have decided to brave the work of pc modding woo. one of the first things I am going to do after I have cut my side panel is to paint the pc. my main question - is there any way to remove the top panel and front panel of the color master haf-x so that I can spray paint them? I am going to go with a metallic blue color :) I am also going to paint the 5.25 bays and the ssd / hdd bays.

I want to paint the case like this - haf-x paint.jpeg my problem lies in the fact that I don't want to strip the whole pc - just the parts I need to paint?? any ideas if its possible to remove the selected pieces with out taking apart the pc??

keynes

Multiverse Poster
As far as I know you can't. The paint job you just showed is likely to be done when the case was empty.

Bsrz

Rising Star
ah crud :( there has to be away! I will keep looking online encase I can find away to remove them.

steaky360

I'd suggest to paint the PC case properly you would want to strip out all components/items you do not wish to paint. That way you'll get a better coating and not miss any bits which you did want to paint. Last thing you would want is to start painting your case without removing everything and accidently get paint on something you didn't want to. Not saying its not possible, but if you're going to go to the trouble of actually painting your case, then its worth doing it properly :)

keynes

Multiverse Poster
Not saying its not possible, but if you're going to go to the trouble of actually painting your case, then its worth doing it properly
I think it is very possible. I wouldn't do it myself.

Corfate

Author Level
Same here mate, i was never very good at Art in school.... :(

It's those fat fingers of yours mate.

B - take a look into plastidip. You can simply pull at the paint and it'll come right off in like a plastic sheet type thing, hard to explain. Means you can take it off if you don't like the finish, or take off when you want to sell it.

But tbh, i agree with the others, do it properly, saves you time in the longrun!

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
1) Buy a new case
2) Paint 'er up
3)Order new PCS rig
4) Send newly painted case to PCS
5) Receive new PCS PC with painted case
6) Profit? (well probably not, because you've splashed out on a new PC, but still, it'd be painted :D )

Bsrz

Rising Star
1) Buy a new case
2) Paint 'er up
3)Order new PCS rig
4) Send newly painted case to PCS
5) Receive new PCS PC with painted case
6) Profit? (well probably not, because you've splashed out on a new PC, but still, it'd be painted :D )

lol :)

Bsrz

Rising Star
just bought myself a dremel and a rivet gun - need to get some ultra clear acrylic for my new pc window and I can get cracking modding the side panel for my haf-x :)

I have decided that I am going to paint it my self I think I am capable of doing it properly.

quick question for anyone that knows - I think I need a coat of primer and then the coat of metallic paint, but do I need anything once I have painted it the metallic blue? any clear coats or anything like that?

Corfate

Author Level
just bought myself a dremel and a rivet gun - need to get some ultra clear acrylic for my new pc window and I can get cracking modding the side panel for my haf-x :)

I have decided that I am going to paint it my self I think I am capable of doing it properly.

quick question for anyone that knows - I think I need a coat of primer and then the coat of metallic paint, but do I need anything once I have painted it the metallic blue? any clear coats or anything like that?

Personally, i'd always lacquer it after the final coat. Give it that shine and protection :)

Bsrz

Rising Star
Just looking into plasti dip I think it was you corfate that suggested it -looks great !! unfortunately they don't have metallic blue but they do have white I will look into it a bit more before I buy the paint but I like the way you can just peel it off and re paint it- looks super easy and quick as well. so cheers corfate for the idea :)