Payment plan, Ie. One time / Monthly

Ok heres the story quickly so i dont bore half a dozen people to death with the same old same old.

Finished Uni, Birthday in 3 weeks, Christmas in 3 months (money from birthday / Xmas), Graduation present (more money), 21st (more money)

Looking to find a good laptop to play on the go, around 500-700 mark, Found some sweet ass deal for 600.

Cant figure out how this montly thing works, I seen a 400 over xx months end up 800, Im wondering if i was to pay say 700 over a year, thats est of 65 pounds a month (much better if you ask me since money comes in peices).

But what i dont get is the extra charge fee's that would come with it. I dont see companys saying just pay the same price monthly or do they?

As much help as i could get on this would be greatly apprecated so i can buy my laptop sooner rather than later. :)

thanks, Steven

Do you mean why do you end up paying more than you would if you bought it outright?

You pay monthly + charge (some form of deposit) aswell as an extra cost over all. Its like when you buy a car...

Buy 7000 or pay 2000 more over X years

Why do you need a laptop?

Finished Uni, May go back so it would become usefull, aswell as any IT jobs (im a network student) so that would help aswell as the fact i want to travel once i pick up a job, Keen to get into going to all the gaming conventions such as Pax, Gamescom, E3 etc. I travel alot as it is (family everywhere).

omens

Gold Level Poster
You are financing the cost - essentially it's like a loan, so you have to pay interest and any additional charges. This is all done by the finance company who are essentially independent from PCS. If buy anything like this, it will always cost you more than buying it outright (although you do have occasional exceptional circumstances).

Try to buy outright if you can, or use a credit card.