PC advice

lawrencea110

Just an update on how my build is going - There have been a few issues!

I've been playing lots of games, but one in particular (mount and blade bannerlord) kept freezing all the time. Couldn't find out why. I've heard here and there it might be to do with the RTX 3080 as it takes a while for the drivers to be updated for new cards.

Anyway, I kept getting BSOD and was getting very frustrated. Soon, nothing worked. I was getting BSOD for a whole manner of different things ALL the time. I had to do a PC reset after I'd download hundreds of GBs of games, however, even that had its issues as I was getting BSOD during the PC reset!

I have now managed to reset the PC by doing some things in the command prompt, and now I'm reinstalling all my games, being careful about what I install. Bit annoying. Im hoping it was just a dodgy install of Windows.

If this continues after this reset, might have to call up PCS and see what they can do about it :(

Also, does anyone know how I can lock my Windows drive (C: )so applications don't automatically install into it? For a few installers, it doesn't give you an option on where you can install it (Logitech G-hub for example). I've changed the preferences for downloads etc to go to my D: drive but some, if not most programs just bypass that.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Just an update on how my build is going - There have been a few issues!

I've been playing lots of games, but one in particular (mount and blade bannerlord) kept freezing all the time. Couldn't find out why. I've heard here and there it might be to do with the RTX 3080 as it takes a while for the drivers to be updated for new cards.

Anyway, I kept getting BSOD and was getting very frustrated. Soon, nothing worked. I was getting BSOD for a whole manner of different things ALL the time. I had to do a PC reset after I'd download hundreds of GBs of games, however, even that had its issues as I was getting BSOD during the PC reset!

I have now managed to reset the PC by doing some things in the command prompt, and now I'm reinstalling all my games, being careful about what I install. Bit annoying.

If this continues after this reset, might have to call up PCS and see what they can do about it :(

Also, does anyone know how I can lock my Windows drive (C: )so applications don't automatically install into it? For a few installers, it doesn't give you an option on where you can install it (Logitech G-hub for example). I've changed the preferences for downloads etc to go to my D: drive but some, if not most programs just bypass that.
Reset won’t help as it’s just reinstalling the image that’s on the pc. You’d need to do a clean installation.

lawrencea110

Also Im not sure if PCS did anything in the BIOS before they released it. As ive now done a factory reset I presume the BIOS has been reset too? Is there anything I might need to configure?