PC Boots up but black screen

Naught91

Bronze Level Poster
Hi everyone.

I was playing the Witcher 3 last night when my pc crashed. Like the flick of a switch it turned straight back on. However, this time the screen would remain black.

I can hear the pc boot with all its beeps/noises. I can even hear the windows loading screen.

I have checked all the connections in the PC, changed the CMOS battery, tried different monitors and different connections (DVI and HDMI). I have also tried restacking the RAM.

Unfortunately, no luck.

My PC Spec is as follows:

ASUS® P8Z68-V Motherboard
i5 2500k (4ghz)
970 GTX (4gb)
8gb RAM
750W Corsair PSU
500gb SSD
750gb HDD.

Any further suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Naught91

Bronze Level Poster
I was able to find my old gfx card from the loft yesterday.

Surprisingly it actually worked perfectly. This would suggest that my 970 GTX is the culprit and therefore kaput.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I was able to find my old gfx card from the loft yesterday.

Surprisingly it actually worked perfectly. This would suggest that my 970 GTX is the culprit and therefore kaput.
Yes, does sound like a gpu issue, but try replacing the old one making sure the power cables are inserted just in case it was a loose connection somewhere.

Naught91

Bronze Level Poster
Aye. I've been trying to get the 970 into life all morning. All the connections are sound, the fans spins but no picture...

There is zero dust on thing as well.

I'm weighing up whether to just upgrade to a new PC as the motherboard/CPU are nine years old...

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Aye. I've been trying to get the 970 into life all morning. All the connections are sound, the fans spins but no picture...

There is zero dust on thing as well.

I'm weighing up whether to just upgrade to a new PC as the motherboard/CPU are nine years old...
Yeah, looking at the specs, it's going to bottleneck any modern GPU. Probably is time to think about a new build.