PC Build for gaming+streaming under £1000?

steaky360

Sorry bro I’ve got a 144Hz Monitor 24inch. I know my monitor isn’t fabulous for high frames but it’s comfortable for me ahaha
Just came back into this thread, what a ride...

Just to be clear, you can't get more than 144FPS out of that monitor... no matter how many your GPU can spit out.
Just a quick question. How much FPS would i be getting roughly on Warzone and other games?
144 maximum :) ...

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Sorry bro I’ve got a 144Hz Monitor 24inch. I know my monitor isn’t fabulous for high frames but it’s comfortable for me ahaha
That monitor is completely pointless for your system, it's just wasting the GPU, won't use it.

As @steaky360 says, you're fixed to poor 1080p resolution which should only be used for extremely cheap entry level systems at 144hz. You can't do more than that no matter what GPU you have as the monitor can only show 144fps.

SillyPotato

That monitor is completely pointless for your system, it's just wasting the GPU, won't use it.

As @steaky360 says, you're fixed to poor 1080p resolution which should only be used for extremely cheap entry level systems at 144hz. You can't do more than that no matter what GPU you have as the monitor can only show 144fps.
Yeh i understand that. I have been thinking of upgrading my monitor within the next few months. About the monitor. Do you think more fans are needed because only 1 was added

SillyPotato

It depends what you end up going with...the 2 specs listed on the previous page don't need extra fans, no. Bear in mind, extra fans don't always mean better airflow...you can have too many fans which can then disrupt airflow
The only reason why is that during the summer my room is HOT and during the cold my room is Freezing. I don't want the pc to heat up a lot to the point its struggling

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
The only reason why is that during the summer my room is HOT and during the cold my room is Freezing. I don't want the pc to heat up a lot to the point its struggling
PCs are used quite happily all over the world in places where it's 50c in the summer. What you think is hot is cold to a computer

SillyPotato

It depends what you end up going with...the 2 specs listed on the previous page don't need extra fans, no. Bear in mind, extra fans don't always mean better airflow...you can have too many fans which can then disrupt airflow

Edit: Both the specs recommended have 5 fans included (3 case fans and 2 from the cooler). Personally, I'd want to add an exhaust fan (I have a thing about exhaust fans) but I'd buy a high-end Corsair or Noctua fan and fit myself
Is there like a specific one you would recommend For the exhaust?

SillyPotato

Hello,

Hope you guys are doing well :) I would like to upgrade my pc but not sure what i could do to make it better. I would like to add more fans to keep my pc cool and also make add extra things to improve it. I have a budget of £250

My specs are:

Case
CORSAIR iCUE 5000X RGB MID TOWER GAMING CASE
Processor (CPU)
Intel® Core™ i7 12-Core Processor i7-12700K (3.6GHz) 25MB Cache
Motherboard
ASUS® TUF GAMING Z690-PLUS WIFI D4 (LGA1700, USB 3.2, PCIe 5.0) - ARGB Ready
Memory (RAM)
32GB Corsair VENGEANCE RGB PRO DDR4 3600MHz (2 x 16GB)
Graphics Card
NONE, I ALREADY HAVE A GRAPHICS CARD
1st Storage Drive
2TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA SATA-III 3.5" HDD, 6GB/s, 7200RPM, 256MB CACHE
1st M.2 SSD Drive
500GB SAMSUNG 980 PRO M.2, PCIe NVMe (up to 6900MB/R, 5000MB/W)
1st M.2 SSD Drive
1TB INTEL® 670p M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD (up to 3500MB/sR | 2500MB/sW)
Power Supply
CORSAIR 1000W RMx SERIES™ MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
Power Cable
1 x 1.5 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Processor Cooling
Corsair iCUE H115i RGB PRO XT Hydro Series High Performance CPU Cooler
Thermal Paste
STANDARD THERMAL PASTE FOR SUFFICIENT COOLING
Sound Card
ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Network Card
10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT
USB/Thunderbolt Options
MIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 2 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hello,

Hope you guys are doing well :) I would like to upgrade my pc but not sure what i could do to make it better. I would like to add more fans to keep my pc cool and also make add extra things to improve it. I have a budget of £250

My specs are:

Case
Processor (CPU)
Motherboard
Memory (RAM)
Graphics Card
1st Storage Drive
1st M.2 SSD Drive
1st M.2 SSD Drive
Power Supply
Power Cable
Processor Cooling
Thermal Paste
Sound Card
Network Card
USB/Thunderbolt Options
More fans aren't gonna keep it cooler, that's not how it works, in a proper case, the included fans are there by design to optimise airflow. Adding more will create blackspots and negative zones which you don't want.

What's the issue you're having? What area's are you looking to upgrade and for what reason? Where is performance lacking?

I take it you've already ordered the above?

Last edited:

SillyPotato

More fans aren't gonna keep it cooler, that's not how it works, in a proper case, the included fans are there by design to optimise airflow. Adding more will create blackspots and negative zones which you don't want.

What's the issue you're having? What area's are you looking to upgrade and for what reason? Where is performance lacking?

I take it you've already ordered the above?
I thought more fans will be better for the system but its cool. I just want to increase gaming performance tbh. What would you recommend me?

Edit: Yes, i bought the system already :)

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Hello,

My specs are:

Case
Processor (CPU)
Motherboard
Memory (RAM)
Graphics Card
1st Storage Drive
1st M.2 SSD Drive
1st M.2 SSD Drive
Power Supply
Power Cable
Processor Cooling
Thermal Paste
Sound Card
Network Card
USB/Thunderbolt Options
Honestly with regards to this build, I can't see anything that needs investing in. It seems like a really stellar build so there isn't really anywhere you can improve without spending ALOT of money for very little improvements.

Which GPU do you have with this build?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I thought more fans will be better for the system but its cool. I just want to increase gaming performance tbh. What would you recommend me?

Edit: Yes, i bought the system already :)
Where is performance lacking? Where is it it's not performing as it should?

What make and model monitor is it paired with?

What GPU is in it?

Robbie

Gold Level Poster
I'm mainly replying because I just read the whole topic and it made me chuckle, interested to see if more fans are added although advised there is no need multiple times :LOL:

But, if you're really wanting to upgrade then listen to what you have been told already here. The upgrade isn't needed to your PC but to your monitor to take full advantage of your GPU - If you're still using what you have said previously, then that's your best bet.

SillyPotato

Honestly with regards to this build, I can't see anything that needs investing in. It seems like a really stellar build so there isn't really anywhere you can improve without spending ALOT of money for very little improvements.

Which GPU do you have with this build?
I have a 3070 TI

I just want to increase fps tbh. I mainly play Warzone and Ranked cod. So anything that could optimize my gaming performance tbh

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I have a 3070 TI

I just want to increase fps tbh. I mainly play Warzone and Ranked cod. So anything that could optimize my gaming performance tbh
What monitor are you using?

The 3070Ti should handle 144Hz+ no problem at all on a 1440p ultrawide monitor? Plus paired with the rest of your build you're talking the top top end of 1440p and will even let you game at 4K at pretty decent frame rates

What exactly are you trying to do with it