PC catch up

liamnic2

Super Star
Hey guys

I am getting my new PC in august and I am very new to PC gaming, well atleast the modding side.

What I like about PC games is that they dont really go outdated. Ie rome total war. This is because mods come out. Being new, how long would you say it would take to fully update a game? I plan to pre-order what I think is ARMA-X.

One thing i I want to know is that once these mods are open to download, do they replace the full ie everyone leaves the main game to go and play the mod.

Dayve

Hey guys

I am getting my new PC in august and I am very new to PC gaming, well atleast the modding side.

What I like about PC games is that they dont really go outdated. Ie rome total war. This is because mods come out. Being new, how long would you say it would take to fully update a game? I plan to pre-order what I think is ARMA-X.

One thing i I want to know is that once these mods are open to download, do they replace the full ie everyone leaves the main game to go and play the mod.

Not everybody plays the mod over the vanilla (unmodded) game, but the longer a game is out, the more you'll find that the only people left playing are diehard fans of the game and a lot of them will play mods. Usually each game has a particular mod that's considered the best way to play the game. For Rome: Total War it's Europe Barbarorum. More people probably play that than still play vanilla. Also EB 2 is coming out soon for the Medieval 2: Total War - Kingdoms expansion engine, so another old game will be reinvigorated. For Battlefield 2 project reality is quite popular, but people still play vanilla because vanilla is great in that game.