PC Controllers

DaelpixPhotos

Super Star
I bought an xbox 360 controller for use on windows. But I couldn't calibrate it for Truck Sim 2. So I took it back to Argos.

My local GAME is out of stock and so is online. Also tried Amazon without any luck.

Can anyone recommend a good controller other than the 360 controller?

SmokeDarKnight

Author Level
Sorry but i swear by the Xbox 360 wired controller but i only use it on controller comparable games.

I did mess about with software to make it work on any game but found that it was really tricky to optimize.

I use it for Assassins Creed games and Borderlands 2 mainly.

Cricky

Enthusiast
I have an XBox 360 wireless controller which I've only used in a few games so far (Dark Souls, Super Meat Boy, Tomb Raider) but it has worked fine for me. I'd recommend it. There were other controllers which were apparently better but they were 20 or 30 quid more.

DaelpixPhotos

Super Star
I'll stick with the 360 controller. I just couldn't calibrate it in the settings. Both joysticks were all over the place and they didn't centre. The controller worked perfectly fine on Tomb Raider, but not Truck Sim 2. I 'eventually' got the right analog stick to work (to look around). But the left analog stick wouldn't have it. In the settings, in the game, I couldn't calibrate the steering. The 'steering wheel' was either all the way to the left, or all the way to the right. I couldn't even set the middle 'dead centre' thingy.

Any ideas where I can get the controller quickly?

SmokeDarKnight

Author Level
I'll stick with the 360 controller. I just couldn't calibrate it in the settings. Both joysticks were all over the place and they didn't centre. The controller worked perfectly fine on Tomb Raider, but not Truck Sim 2. I 'eventually' got the right analog stick to work (to look around). But the left analog stick wouldn't have it. In the settings, in the game, I couldn't calibrate the steering. The 'steering wheel' was either all the way to the left, or all the way to the right. I couldn't even set the middle 'dead centre' thingy.

Any ideas where I can get the controller quickly?

Im at work at the moment but i'll have a look later when im home, there is a bit of software for setting up dead zones etc.

Cricky

Enthusiast
Amazon has the wireless 360 controller for 32.80. I see the wired version isn't being sold on Amazon as someone has complained it isn't the right controller (it's not from Amazon but a third party).

DaelpixPhotos

Super Star
Found one on Amazon just before 4pm. For some reason I didn't see it when I looked early afternoon. Strange. I only found one which Amazon said there was something wrong with the seller.

Anyway, it'll arrive tomorrow :D

SmokeDarKnight
I wouldn't mind knowing what the software is thank you :)

SmokeDarKnight

Author Level
Couple of things i've found

Navigate to the game controller properties. To do this:
Go to Start → type "Run" → type "joy.cpl" → hit Enter
While in the Game Controllers window, click XNA Gamepad, and then Properties
Click Settings → Calibrate

That will let you calibrate the controller with Microsoft Software

You can also download Microsoft PC Software Here that might help

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-gb/d/xbox-360-controller-for-windows

Xpadder http://xpadder.com/

seems to be good software for configuring and customising game controllers might be worth a shot.

Hope this helps.

DaelpixPhotos

Super Star
SmokeDarknight

I tried the MS Software but this was when the controller wasn't working properly.

I'll be getting my new controller between 3:348 and 4:48, hopefully I won't have the same problem.

Cricky

Enthusiast
I believe you can via the USB lead, not sure if you can wirelessly. Also you'll need drivers. I think the 360 controller is more aligned to PC, though I heard the PS4 controller should work with PCs.