PC crash/reboot - Driver issue - 0x00000116

smhughes

Crashed again a few minutes ago.

I agree, not much else I can think of trying at this point.

Thanks again for all the assistance everyone. I really appreciate it!

I will reach out to PCS and see what they say (y)

Aaka0

Any update on this thread? I've had the same issues of my desktop restarting / freezing during gaming. I have a similar set up to yours, with the only difference being the graphics card which is a 2080 TI. Were you able to contact PCS and come to a resolution?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Any update on this thread? I've had the same issues of my desktop restarting / freezing during gaming. I have a similar set up to yours, with the only difference being the graphics card which is a 2080 TI. Were you able to contact PCS and come to a resolution?
You had a thread open here but haven't updated it in a while:

If you continue it we can help out

Aaka0

You had a thread open here but haven't updated it in a while:

If you continue it we can help out
Thanks, I've just updated my post with the latest information

smhughes

Hi All,

Update to close off this thread :)

The issue was a compatibility issue seen with my CPU on the Z490 motherboard. The PCI-e lane speeds were set to auto by default in the BIOS and this was causing issues as the CPU was trying to run gen4 speeds but the motherboard can only run gen3 speeds.

The fix was to adjust the settings in the BIOS to force gen3 speeds.

These were the settings that needed to be adjusted:

Advanced>PCH Configuration>PCI Express Configuration and set to Gen3
System Agent Configuration>PCIexpress Configuration and set that to Gen3

I've had my PC back for four days and have put about 18 hours of gaming into it. No crashes at all :D

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Thanks for coming back to let us know. I would never in a million years have thought of that to be honest.

I know the PCIe 4.0 saga goes on for Intel but I wouldn't have thought that Auto would try to do something that it is incapable of doing, sounds very much like a bug in the BIOS firmware, rather than incompatability.

I was under the impression that the 11900k was PCIe4.0.... finally. It was stated that this was literally the only reason to get it over the 10900k as the 10900k was faster. The Z490 chipset was touted to have PCIe4.0 baked in as standard but I'm guessing this didn't apply with the Hero. Must have been holding out for the Z590 to get people to cough up yet again.

Glad you got a solution, Intel do it once more.