PC Desk

Ric119

Not sure if I'm supposed to ask this on this forum but ass everyone here loves PC's you guys know your stuff, I'd like a recommendations for some good gaming desks for me new PC, which is a Meshify S2 case (quite big). All recommendations welcome if allowed. Budget would be up to £120, may go over if necessary for quality.

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Just build your own to suit the space you need to fill.

Ikea have a decent range, or you can just get the legs and supply your own top.

Mine's not available anymore as it's about 15 years old (and just a 'desk' rather than a 'gaming desk'), but it has a metal frame with a wooden top - probably a bit big at 190x100mm, but it has 3-4 computers (gaming PC, iMac, workstation laptop, MacMini, iPad) on it at one time, 4 studio monitor speakers, printer, multiple external HDDs, etc. and it takes my 95kg weight when I stand on it to close the bedroom window ;)

The underneath of mine is something like this...
Goalpostframes.jpg

Closest Ikea seems to do now is the Thyge, Kullaberg or the range - but they may all be too big/sturdy for you needs.

IMG_4561.jpg

You can pick up an ex-office Herman Miller Abak desks for about £150...
product7564-2020071094236.jpg

Last edited:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Just build your own to suit the space you need to fill.

Ikea have a decent range, or you can just get the legs and supply your own top.
I would also recommend IKEA, I have a Micke which is very simple, and you can configure it in different ways.
The Malm is also very nice.

They're both decent cost.

I've had mine for a while now (5 years) and it's really solid. I've even drilled into the top to mount a desk mount and it's all still really solid.

Ric119

I would also recommend IKEA, I have a Micke which is very simple, and you can configure it in different ways.
The Malm is also very nice.

They're both decent cost.

I've had mine for a while now (5 years) and it's really solid. I've even drilled into the top to mount a desk mount and it's all still really solid.

Would both of these be able to also hold the PC itself? I have a carpet floor so can't/ don't want to put the PC on that and my current Desk hasn't got the room for the PC and monitor together, unless I did you woodwork myself and added a space to it, which would be unwise I'd say haha

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Would both of these be able to also hold the PC itself? I have a carpet floor so can't/ don't want to put the PC on that and my current Desk hasn't got the room for the PC and monitor together, unless I did you woodwork myself and added a space to it, which would be unwise I'd say haha
My one, the Micke certainly would. I had a ridiculously heavy powered speaker sat on it which weighed 13Kg which isn't far off the weight of a decent PC. The reason I particularly chose the Micke was that it's quite shallow in depth, so I mounted the screen on a desk mount rather than using the normal screen stand, which frees up all the desk space. I'm in quite a small room so it didn't take up too much space into the room.

The Malm is more normal depth.

The Malm if anything I think would be stronger.

Ric119

My one, the Micke certainly would. I had a ridiculously heavy powered speaker sat on it which weighed 13Kg which isn't far off the weight of a decent PC. The reason I particularly chose the Micke was that it's quite shallow in depth, so I mounted the screen on a desk mount rather than using the normal screen stand, which frees up all the desk space. I'm in quite a small room so it didn't take up too much space into the room.

The Malm is more normal depth.

The Malm if anything I think would be stronger.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B000K67ZD4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I decided to miss the desk for now as this could do the job I think for a meshify S2 case? Got to do a lot of re arranging for a new desk so going to see how things go with a potential move soon.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine

sck451

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I wouldn't want to put my PC on casters. That sounds very precarious. If it gets a knock while a hard drive is running, even if it's just a relatively minor jolt, it can ruin the hard drive. Even a plank of MDF would be a better bet.

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
I ordered one of these for my setup, it’s actually a monitor stand but it works a charm for my dinky case. And it’s also got a nice bit of room underneath it for me to keep my peripherals stored when they’re not in use 👍

CD62C392-3C32-412E-B9DB-DF4815F125CB.jpeg

D

Deleted member 146325

I’m going for the Arozzi Arena gaming desk cause I’m an idiot.

A885B94F-6744-4806-BB35-8D46E925E0BC.png

Apparently these are great. Great size. Comes with table sized mouse mat and cut outs for cable management. Pricy though.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I’m going for the Arozzi Arena gaming desk cause I’m an idiot.

View attachment 28207
Apparently these are great. Great size. Comes with table sized mouse mat and cut outs for cable management. Pricy though.
This is the one I will eventually have when I manage to successfully rob a bank:

It's ludicrously sexy!

Edit: I don't actually condone robbing any banks in case that's not clear ;)

Insane.Pringle

Enthusiast
It doesn't need to be off the floor at all these days, they're designed properly these days with pedestal feet to raise them off carpet.
Want to be safe than sorry if I'm spending £1800 😅 And for £14 it's not bad.
My old pc didnt have pedestal feet so had to rest it on a piece of mdf. but my new one does.. still put it on the mdf that the old rested on... just about fit tho lol

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
This is the one I will eventually have when I manage to successfully rob a bank:

It's ludicrously sexy!
Oooooh, that’s very nice. Cable management would be a dream and dusting would be so much easier! That’s definitely on the ‘what to buy when I win the lottery’ list.

Ric119

I ordered one of these for my setup, it’s actually a monitor stand but it works a charm for my dinky case. And it’s also got a nice bit of room underneath it for me to keep my peripherals stored when they’re not in use 👍

View attachment 28206
I was looking at one of those originally, the S2 case is just to big for it going of measurement and the bigger glass panel sticks out too far for where I'd have to place the PC, it's why I'm going with those casters, seem like a nice alternative.

It's ludicrously sexy!

Edit: I don't actually condone robbing any banks in case that's not clear ;)
Is that a Desk that can also be a PC Case?