PC Desk

Ric119

My old pc didnt have pedestal feet so had to rest it on a piece of mdf. but my new one does.. still put it on the mdf that the old rested on... just about fit tho lol
What size MDF do you have? Might get some as a backup if the caster doesn't work well enough.

Insane.Pringle

Enthusiast
What size MDF do you have? Might get some as a backup if the caster doesn't work well enough.
to be fair it's actually the lower shelf from my computer desk which the printer sat on but i currently use it to keep the pc off the carpet and allow better airflow under it..

it's only 45cm by 50cm

Ric119

If you got a piece 550x250x12mm I think that would be plenty. It should be less than a tenner, I'd expect.
Yeah just got one into made to fit, comes to about £6 for that size, 12mm good enough? Or should I go for 20mm?
to be fair it's actually the lower shelf from my computer desk which the printer sat on but i currently use it to keep the pc off the carpet and allow better airflow under it..

it's only 45cm by 50cm
That's quite big!

sck451

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
12mm thickness would be ample. It's not bearing any weight, after all, as it will I presume be directly on the floor.

I've just been looking up the size of the case again. It's 543mm in depth, so perhaps 575mm would be safer, just to give you a little margin for it moving around!

Ric119

12mm thickness would be ample. It's not bearing any weight, after all, as it will I presume be directly on the floor.

I've just been looking up the size of the case again. It's 543mm in depth, so perhaps 575mm would be safer, just to give you a little margin for it moving around!
It's 47cm deph, 470mm deph. The 543 is the height. 500mm should be good to I think, keeping it flat

ColEyt

Gold Level Poster
My desk is no where near as exotic or even as aesthetically pleasing as a lot of the previous recommendations, but I got one of these 12 months ago

Price is now half of what I paid, but is ideal for holding a 32 inch monitor, two printers, god knows how many external hard drives, my router, as well as various other bits of pc stuff.

I have the shelf set on the right hand side with my pc on the main desk, thus obscuring all the peripherals from my view point when sat at the pc

Ric119

My desk is no where near as exotic or even as aesthetically pleasing as a lot of the previous recommendations, but I got one of these 12 months ago

Price is now half of what I paid, but is ideal for holding a 32 inch monitor, two printers, god knows how many external hard drives, my router, as well as various other bits of pc stuff.

I have the shelf set on the right hand side with my pc on the main desk, thus obscuring all the peripherals from my view point when sat at the pc
That's a really nice desk for the price! Do you use monitor arms as well? Or just the stand?

ColEyt

Gold Level Poster
That's a really nice desk for the price! Do you use monitor arms as well? Or just the stand?
I just used my monitor stand.

Just noted as well that there is a £10 off voucher, so you can get it for £44.99. I paid £95 last August for it, and I'm now tempted to get a second having just seen the price :)

I'd post a picture of the setup but I need to move the rubbish and tidy up my cabling, else @AgentCooper will be on my case :D

Ric119

I just used my monitor stand.

Just noted as well that there is a £10 off voucher, so you can get it for £44.99. I paid £95 last August for it, and I'm now tempted to get a second having just seen the price :)

I'd post a picture of the setup but I need to move the rubbish and tidy up my cabling, else @AgentCooper will be on my case :D
I'd like to see your setup, nice to get ideas!

ColEyt

Gold Level Poster
Ha! That’s brilliant! 😆👏

But you’re right, I will be on your case. And behind the case… with a load of zip ties, doing the lord’s work.
You are more than welcome to come and do the cable tidying on my behalf ( I know it's therapy for you ;) ) but velcro ties instead of zip ties are my preference

Insane.Pringle

Enthusiast
i'm back after going down the rabbit hole on youtube videos of build building your own pc desks... anything happen? 😛

and on that note since Doom Eternal has finished downloading.... i'm off to max out the visual settings and play a bit...

i'll be back!

ColEyt

Gold Level Poster
I'd like to see your setup, nice to get ideas!
Ok didnt get chance to tidy up the cabling so this will have to do, at least it will give you a good idea.

Very quick review of the desk, comes with everything you need to set it up, including screwdriver, took me about 45 minutes on my own to build.

It's a cheap desk, hence there is no cable management built into it. I am sure that if you have the time, patience and inclination you can make it look a lot neater. Given how my room is situated, the only time I ever see the wires hanging over the side of the shelving is when taking photo's to show off the desk :)

Build quality is more than fine, its sturdy and stable, and a lot better than I was expecting given the price.

Couple of things to note, the empty second shelf is usually where my laser jet is.

My son has swapped monitors around, so I'm presently using a 27 inch. With the 32 inch then the desktop may appear too cluttered for you, however if you dont need all the shelving, then you can remove the top shelf, and place the tower unit there (where the two grey and one external hard drive are), which then gives you a width of 38 inches of desktop space

Attachments

• driplex desk (2).jpg
    driplex desk (2).jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 113
  • driplex desk.jpg
    driplex desk.jpg
    549.4 KB · Views: 104
Last edited: