PC Died?

LDUK

Master Poster
Pretty short story really. Was on the PC last night and it decided to turn off by itself. Now it wont turn back on.
I've turned off all the power, turned it on and tried, reset the mem, puched the on button on the motherboard, and nothing. The PSU power light, lights up, and the motherboards on button lights up, but when I push the power button on the tower, nothing happens.
Is there anything else I can do to fix it myself, or will I need to send it back?
:(

Zeplini

pull the main power lead out of the motherboard the big 20pin, and leave out for a few mins, press the power button to get rid of any power left in the mb and re-try, you could also try removing the the front panel power button connector and then make the connection between the 2 pins with a screw driver, this will tell you if its a more serious problem or just a problem with the actual button on your tower luke.

Dudey

Sad to hear it mate. I watched your youtube video this morning of your PC hehe. Hope you get it sorted :)

LDUK

Master Poster
pull the main power lead out of the motherboard the big 20pin, and leave out for a few mins, press the power button to get rid of any power left in the mb and re-try, you could also try removing the the front panel power button connector and then make the connection between the 2 pins with a screw driver, this will tell you if its a more serious problem or just a problem with the actual button on your tower luke.
Alright, I'll try that now mate. Thanks

Sad to hear it mate. I watched your youtube video this morning of your PC hehe. Hope you get it sorted :)
Lol, I hope so too!

LDUK

Master Poster
Ok, so I did the mother board power thing. That didn't work.
Erm....Okay, wth? Just as I was typing this, my PC started up by itself.

LDUK

Master Poster
Seems to be working fine. I have no idea what happened. Because it started up about 5 minutes after I left it alone. That is odd lol.

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
See, all you get with an XBOX is the silly 5 red light Ring of Death...nowhere near as fun and random as PCs!

PC > Consolse, proven again!

DED

LDUK

Master Poster
See, all you get with an XBOX is the silly 5 red light Ring of Death...nowhere near as fun and random as PCs!

PC > Consolse, proven again!

DED
Lol. Xbox, dies, it's dead. PS3 Dies, it's dead. PC dieds, it comes back to life because of how much it loves it's owner.

pengipete

Rising Star
I'd be looking at either the power supply or the CPU fan - either of those could cause an instamt and complete shutdown. If it happens again, try a different mains socket or extension lead if using ine - just to eliminate the possibility that it's external to the PC and if it's still playing up, ring technical support because there aren't many "simple" things that could cause such a problem.

By the way - did you notice that your last post was your 1000th - get a life man :)

LDUK

Master Poster
I'd be looking at either the power supply or the CPU fan - either of those could cause an instamt and complete shutdown. If it happens again, try a different mains socket or extension lead if using ine - just to eliminate the possibility that it's external to the PC and if it's still playing up, ring technical support because there aren't many "simple" things that could cause such a problem.

By the way - did you notice that your last post was your 1000th - get a life man :)
Yeah, it is odd and confused me but seems to be fine atm. I'll do what you siad if it happens again though.

And I know right! Most of them posts are from when the forums started up, and now I got my PC I'm super busy working with it lol.

NilSatis

Bright Spark
:wacko: Who needs an AMD "Bulldozer" when you can have Intels "Zombie"??

Hope it keeps working for you ok mate...although im sure you could make the situation into an interesting vid if caught on camera! :D

LDUK

Master Poster
:wacko: Who needs an AMD "Bulldozer" when you can have Intels "Zombie"??

Hope it keeps working for you ok mate...although im sure you could make the situation into an interesting vid if caught on camera! :D

LOL!

Ha! You know, I think I'll hold on to the hope that it doesn't happen again lol.