PC Financing Options

Mingin

Apologies if this is in the wrong section:

I've been wishing to get a new desktop for about 6 weeks now but can't quite manage to shell out the £1k or so that I wish to spend. I thought I remembered seeing a three fixed payment per month option the first time I looked but can't find it anymore. I don't mind paying the cost back over a year or even two (plus associated interest) but not interested in the current pay it in 6 months or go to monthly payments currently interested. Are these the only options available?

Gorman

Author Level
They are im afraid, the classic finance option was discontinued by the finance company due to lack of demand.

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
The "Classic Credit" finance options has been discontinued, but why don't you "Buy Now Pay Later"? You can buy now and after the arrangement fee and initial deposit you don't have to pay a penny for 12 months. If you're strict with yourself, you could simply save up £85 per month and pay if off before the 12 month period ends. This way you would pay less interest and get what you want now! :D

Pontington-Smythe

They are im afraid, the classic finance option was discontinued by the finance company due to lack of demand.

More like the 19% interest over 3 yrs not earning them enough, now you can have the priveledge of paying over 26%, much more to there liking :mad:

Gorman

Author Level
More like the 19% interest over 3 yrs not earning them enough, now you can have the priveledge of paying over 26%, much more to there liking :mad:

Yes, if you dont pay up before the agreed time limit, the monthly payments are not pretty. I guess thats the whole point of a buy now pay later agreement, the later you pay the more you do.

JMOB

Bronze Level Poster
We strongly advise all 'Buy Now Pay Later' customers to make sure that they have paid off the balance before the deadline date. Any mistake and the finance agreement will kick in, charging the high rate.

If you organise everything carefully, the admin fee gives you up to 12 months grace and is a good option.

James

So just for knowledge, if I took the Buy Now pay 12 Months later pack.
I would initially be charged 10% of the product(Deposit) and the £55 Admin fee at the same time ?
So say I bought a £1k Pc, I'd pay £155 at the start and as long as I have paid off the £900 balance within 12 Months, I wouldn't have to pay any interest at all(Other than the Admin fee) ?

Rakk

The Awesome
I would initially be charged 10% of the product(Deposit) and the £55 Admin fee at the same time ?
So say I bought a £1k Pc, I'd pay £155 at the start and as long as I have paid off the £900 balance within 12 Months, I wouldn't have to pay any interest at all(Other than the Admin fee) ?

That's how most of these 'Buy Now, Pay in 12 Months' things work, so I would imagine that is exactly how it would work.

PCS

Administrator
Staff member

That's correct. So the finance would only cost you the admin fee (currently £55) in addition to the computer cost, providing you settle the balance before the Buy Now Pay Later period expires.