Pc for 3d modelling and visualization advice

felmul

Hi there, thinking of going for these specs for my first PC. I've been using a 2012 Sony Vaio for a long time and it's barely hanging on at this point and struggles to run a lot of 3D modelling programs I used to have no issues with after so many updates. Main program I need to run smoothly is Twinmotion which you can find the system requirements for here and Unreal Engine Studio which is near enough the same requirements. My current laptop can run Twinmotion on low settings at 20+ FPS for the current version when the older ones didn't used to make my laptop sweat like this. Unreal Engine however always crashes if I load in a complex model for rendering. Would these specs be adequate to run decently well at the very least and also potentially play some modern games from time to time? (Dragon age inquisition, Battlefront 2 etc.) I don't need it to run spectacularly but anything would be better than how my laptop runs these programs atm, I'm getting work done but could be way more efficient. I already have a decent 1080p monitor and the other bits so I really just need the tower itself now.

My current setup is a AMD Radeon HD 7650/7660M graphics card, 6gb of ram and a 2.5 GHz Intel i5 quad core processor. This setup is barely manageble but just to give a bit of context as to how stuff runs on this so I can get a better idea of how these specs would fare.

Case
PCS 6003B BLACK CASE
Processor (CPU)
AMD Ryzen 7 2700 Eight Core CPU (3.2GHz-4.1GHz/20MB CACHE/AM4)
Motherboard
ASUS® PRIME A320M-K: Micro-ATX, AM4, USB 3.0, 6GB/s
Memory (RAM)
32GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 2666MHz (2 x 16GB)
Graphics Card
4GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1650 - HDMI
1st Storage Drive
256GB PCS 2.5" SSD, SATA 6 Gb (550MB/R, 420MB/W)
2nd Storage Drive
1TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA SATA-III 3.5" HDD, 6GB/s, 7200RPM, 64MB CACHE
Power Supply
CORSAIR 350W VS SERIES™ VS-350 POWER SUPPLY
Power Cable
1 x 1 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Processor Cooling
STANDARD AMD CPU COOLER
Thermal Paste
ARCTIC MX-4 EXTREME THERMAL CONDUCTIVITY COMPOUND
Sound Card
ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Wireless/Wired Networking
WIRELESS 802.11N 300Mbps/2.4GHz PCI-E CARD

Last edited:

steaky360

Whats your budget? Usually helps to refine any choices if we know a budget.

Not sure if we're going to be able to answer about how twinmotion will run - if you're not at the recommended specs then perhaps it wont run at 60FPS?

felmul

Whats your budget? Usually helps to refine any choices if we know a budget.

Not sure if we're going to be able to answer about how twinmotion will run - if you're not at the recommended specs then perhaps it wont run at 60FPS?
Between £500-800 preferably. And yh maybe not on the highest settings at 60fps but if I can get that on medium I'd be very happy. I use the medium setting to adjust lighting and effects settings before rendering and it runs at like 15fps max on my 2012 laptop so I reckon way more ram, a better graphics card and stronger processor would be the right direction maybe. Twinmotion isn't as intense a program as some other rendering suites but I imagine if I wanted to render a pretty detailed scene it'd behave like a decently good looking game since it runs on the unreal engine.

If my mid level 2012 laptop gets to 10-15 FPS on medium I'd hope these specs would be enough to run it or any decent looking open world game at 40-60fps. I'd appreciate your thoughts on if this setup could run games like Witcher 3 or GTA 5 to get some kinda comparison.