PC Game Deals!

debiruman665

Enthusiast
Did anyone get Rebel galaxy on epic games when it was free?

I know sorta coming in after the fact but I was really happy with this one. Its like the old windows space game Freelancer for the modern era. Sadly no multiplayer but the premise is almost exactly the same.

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
Rebel Galaxy is still free on Epic Games until 27th June, so Thursday I believe.

I did, though I also had it on Steam already. Very excited for Last Day of June coming up next in the Epic store giveaways!

debiruman665

Enthusiast
Rebel Galaxy is still free on Epic Games until 27th June, so Thursday I believe.

I did, though I also had it on Steam already. Very excited for Last Day of June coming up next in the Epic store giveaways!

What faction have you played? I did a lot of red devil missions and the guy eventually asked me to start doing some quests to steal and smuggle antimatter.

I guess other factions would probably have their own line once you get sufficient rep with them

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
None yet, what gaming time I've had has been spent co-oping Vikings: Wolves of Midgard. Which is surprisingly fun if you can look past the shortcomings.

I do fancy starting Rebel Galaxy, or Homeworld: Remastered soon. Something Spacey.

Avoiding spoilers, is there anything you can recommend to a newcomer to Rebel Galaxy?

debiruman665

Enthusiast
None yet, what gaming time I've had has been spent co-oping Vikings: Wolves of Midgard. Which is surprisingly fun if you can look past the shortcomings.

I do fancy starting Rebel Galaxy, or Homeworld: Remastered soon. Something Spacey.

Avoiding spoilers, is there anything you can recommend to a newcomer to Rebel Galaxy?

I really loved the first homeworld in my teen years, compared to the sequels, the ships felt a lot more durable and really felt like giant space frigate wars. The strike craft had too much micromanaging for my liking and the story mode felt like it was a sort of compounding loss scenario since if you lost your army in one level you needed to start the next with the same resources and ships. I played the third one and the ships felt like paper and were a lot less durable.

If you are looking for spacey I highly recommend Battlefleet gothic Armada 1. It has a lot more rpg element as you level up each ship independently. A lot of people prefer the sequel because it offers more ships and races but you don't get to micro manage the individual ships anymore and it sort of lost the charm of the original because of it.

As for rebel galaxy, Its a bit of a grindy open world sandbox type thing where you could completely ignore the storyline if you wish to and just go out and do your thing.

If you do want to do the pirate route you'll need to find firstly keep an eye out for the rarer criminal quests that pop up on some neutral stations and grind them out until their opinion of you changes.

I personally found turrets much more effective than broadside cannons as going broadside with a ship generally means you are also taking the full brunt of their cannons and with turrets you can kite them a bit

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
If you do want to do the pirate route you'll need to find firstly keep an eye out for the rarer criminal quests that pop up on some neutral stations and grind them out until their opinion of you changes.
Ha ha, I was about to moderate this until I realised it was about a game..., do carry on!

On a side note, this sounds like a cool game!

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
All very interesting, thanks :) I do like a good sandbox, so Rebel Galaxy might be it.

I do have BFG too . There's a lot of good stuff in bundles.... unfortunately for my wallet.

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
DOOM (2016) is £4.94 on Humble

I believe that Humble Monthly subscribers now get 20% off the store rather than 10% off as it used to be.

So bonus £1 saving there, if you fancied picking up Kingdom Come Deliverance which is in this month's Humble Monthly (~£8-10 depending on exchange rate)

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
Oh, also:
FALLOUT®: NEW VEGAS® ULTIMATE EDITION - £3.74
FALLOUT® 3: GAME OF THE YEAR EDITION - £3.74

These things are almost always ~£7 or more even in sales, so if you'd ever been considering a purchase, now is a good time.

Even cheaper on other sites now:
https://fr.gamesplanet.com/game/fallout-3-game-of-the-year-edition-steam-key--1355-1 (3.30€)
https://www.fanatical.com/en/game/fallout-4 (£4.59

Also DOOM £4.70 on GMG, also bundled with a free game on GMG and an Intel Starter Pack of games (and a sitewide 15% off voucher)

Last edited:

Durin_VII

Such a good game, too good to miss at that price!

I've been waiting a long time for it to drop, and I got it in the bundle with Dishonored 2, which I've also been avoiding cause of current hardware. New PC will be the place to play it. Also got Doom. Pretty sure those deals for these games was better than what they had during the Summer Sale.

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
If you're also interested in Dishonored Death of the Outsider and the Prey DLC it's more economical to buy Prey + DLC bundle and then D2+D:DotO bundle than Prey+D2 bundle and the other bits separately.

Durin_VII

If you're also interested in Dishonored Death of the Outsider and the Prey DLC it's more economical to buy Prey + DLC bundle and then D2+D:DotO bundle than Prey+D2 bundle and the other bits separately.

Yes, I already had DotO in my library from another sale, otherwise I'd have definitely went that way :)

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
Far Cry Primal Apex Edition £4.60

If you ever wanted a pet cave bear, now's your chance

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Insane one for you all...

the Epic Games Store is offering Batman: Arkham Asylum, Batman: Arkham City, and Batman: Arkham Knight as well as LEGO Batman: The Videogame, LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes, and LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham FOR FREE

Install the Epic games launcher, add the games to your account, then run away with a wry smile and giggle of a schoolchild!

Just confirmed this is legit, run people, RUN!!!!