PC Game Deals!

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
For those who aren't aware, the GOG Launcher 2 beta is out, which is nothing special in itself, BUT, this bad boy connects to multiple stores to integrate into one centralised game hub.

I've had it installed for a week or so now, and although I haven't connected any secondary stores, the interface is very nice and it seems very stable for a Beta. I'm just about to try connecting my Epic Store to it, will leave Steam for now.

2019-12-16 16_24_27-Window.png

Launcher can be found here:

Little mini write up by GOG here:

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
I got into the closed beta a little while ago, it seems decent for the stage it was at.

I connected my Steam account, works fine, though loses the connection and needs you to re log in quite a bit.

What GOG are doing is essentially what things like

do, but with the support of a bigger company I guess. Playnite is probably the game library organiser for it to beat.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I got into the closed beta a little while ago, it seems decent for the stage it was at.

I connected my Steam account, works fine, though loses the connection and needs you to re log in quite a bit.

What GOG are doing is essentially what things like

do, but with the support of a bigger company I guess. Playnite is probably the game library organiser for it to beat.
Haven't heard of that one, thanks.

Yeah, I think the advantage of someone like GOG doing it is they have an excellent reputation already and are known for privacy and user choice.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Retro game here, this is the first time I've heard of it.

In 1997 they released the Blade Runner game (same studio that did Command & Conquer), they only released a few copies which were extremely successful. The Studio moved to a bigger premises and in that move, they lost the entire source code for the game. It became a cult classic as there were so few copies in the wild.

A team of programmers spent eight years reconstructing the game from retail discs instead of the original source code, and they apparently worked with film studio Alcon Interactive Group to legally release it through GOG.

It's now available on GOG for £6.89 and I'd highly recommend picking it up, it's a beautiful adaptation of the film and stays true to the vibe. It's also aged incredibly well.

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
Epic store are doing £10 off everything that's ~£14-15 or more. Voucher automatically applies at checkout. Click buy now for the price in a pop up window - you still need to press another button before purchasing :)

So you could buy:

Metro Exodus for £7.49

Vampyr for ~£5

The Division 2 for £6.79 (base game is £12.49, so excluded from offer, but the Gold edition is £16,79 so does get £10 slashed off the price)

Outward for like £4 - great if you want a hardcore RPG / coop experience. Normally £15ish even on sale.

Borderlands 3 for £22.49, Red Dead Redeption 2 for £33.99, Jedi: Fallen Thingy for £35.64 I think

And plenty more - think you can get Breakpoint for a tenner.

Cricky

Enthusiast
The current free Epic game is Totally Accurate Battle Simulator. A silly but fun game where you find out who would win, a knight or 200 peasants, 5 vikings or a catapult, etc... :)

SlimCini

KC and the Sunshine BANNED
Anyone watched the witcher? Pretty good but above all else has made me want to plough another 40 hours into starting another 'from scratch' playthrough of witcher 3 and the two DLCs. Which has in turn wanted to me to impulse buy a new gaming laptop to play it on again in beautiful gsync. Vortex anyone?! Mmmm. Damn you Netflix.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Anyone watched the witcher? Pretty good but above all else has made me want to plough another 40 hours into starting another 'from scratch' playthrough of witcher 3 and the two DLCs. Which has in turn wanted to me to impulse buy a new gaming laptop to play it on again in beautiful gsync. Vortex anyone?! Mmmm. Damn you Netflix.
I'm all prepared to binge watch it after the Mandalorian. I've still gotta finish off Witcher 3, got stuck quite early on.

SlimCini

KC and the Sunshine BANNED
I'm all prepared to binge watch it after the Mandalorian. I've still gotta finish off Witcher 3, got stuck quite early on.
Having only ever played witcher 3 and nothing else lots of the characters were randoms to me. But I now feel more invested in the witcher world to the point I think playing the game again would make me appreciate lots of side detail that meant nothing to me the first time. And I also therefore didn't realise the show is completely canon with the books. And the timeline of when each strand of the three main story lines of the show takes place takes a bit of getting used to! But the geralt sword fight at the end of episode 1 is epic and exactly like the game.