PC Game Deals!

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
can I ask what steam trading cards are exactly? I ask as I have one or two cards but not sure what they do.
Steam trading cards are a largely nonsense way for Steam and developers to generate a little extra money. Games (and seemingly programs) that have trading cards have badges which consist of 4 or more trading cards. You can get 50% of the available cards towards a badge just by playing the game/running the program for a period of time (usually a couple of hours). Once you have collected all the cards that you're eligible for, you might get a booster pack of 3 cards every time someone completes a badge for that game. The other ways to get cards are to trade for them, or pay actual money to buy the cards you need. Those last options obviously involve others offering their own valuations of the cards. Most cards sell for between 3p and 10p, and the trading forums for some popular games are a bit mad. The advantage to creating badges is that it increases your Steam profile level, which makes it more likely that you'll be selected for a booster pack when further badges for that game are created.

Due to my slightly bonkers Steam library size, I have more than 5,600 trading cards and have got to a level 5 badge (top level) on one game, so any more cards for that game I just sell. As I have quite a few cards listed for sale, if I get to 1 card away from completing a badge, I'll see if I can buy the remaining card for 5p or less. My Steam wallet has about £4 which I've made purely from selling cards, so it's not like I can do anything with that money other than use it on Steam for new purchases.

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
It updates almost weekly, they're not updates but license keys. If it's not up to date it won't run.
Does anyone else find the benchmarks turn the 'demo' option on automatically every time there's an update? So you have to go through each individual benchmark and turn it off again!

D

Deleted member 41971

nice little indie game called hacknet is on offer until 7th Oct 2021, £7.19 down to £1.43

and 10% off outer wilds new DLC released yesterday (28 Sep 2021)

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
So, Outer Wilds is on sale on Steam and I’ve heard only good things about it. Anyone got any play time on it and can give me their two cents?

(I say anyone, we all know I’m essentially switching on the bat-signal and waiting for @ActuallyDenz to turn up)

96354459-61F3-43A8-B8EF-54E2BF7C7035.gif

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
So, Outer Wilds is on sale on Steam and I’ve heard only good things about it. Anyone got any play time on it and can give me their two cents?

(I say anyone, we all know I’m essentially switching on the bat-signal and waiting for @ActuallyDenz to turn up)

View attachment 29553
Whisper it quietly, but it's a game I do not own. It's on my wishlist as I've also heard only good things about it. With the game having some new DLC out for it, I'm tempted to buy, but I know that if I do, it'll be one of October's Humble Choice games on Tuesday!

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Whisper it quietly, but it's a game I do not own. It's on my wishlist as I've also heard only good things about it. With the game having some new DLC out for it, I'm tempted to buy, but I know that if I do, it'll be one of October's Humble Choice games on Tuesday!
I didn't realise there was such a thing