PC Game Deals!

Bhuna50

Author Level
be interesting if this happened would there be a lawsuit against these stores as afterall, people have paid in some cases lots of money cough @ActuallyDenz and could end up losing all the games, I did like the older days where games were physical as you could play them offline etc
if they go bust - there would be no one to sue - or if you did you would join the long list of people waiting on their money...

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
hows cyberpunk progressing with all the patches?
It's in a far better state than it was at release. It's still a little buggy, but I would say it's no worse than a lot of AAA games are on release now, which given the open world nature of the game is pretty much the nature of the beast. For 15 quid, I'd say it's worth it!

be interesting if this happened would there be a lawsuit against these stores as afterall, people have paid in some cases lots of money cough @ActuallyDenz and could end up losing all the games, I did like the older days where games were physical as you could play them offline etc
For all that I joke about leaving the Steam library to someone as part of my estate, I'm well aware that I don't actually own any of the games in my library, so would have no protection should Steam close tomorrow. Epic have largely stopped making their own games, but must be making a fair bit of money from Unreal engine sales. Valve must largely be relying on Steam revenue, but obviously have done Half Life: Alyx, etc recently. Epic are perhaps a little more secure in that sense. That being said, anybody buying games digitally is only buying a licence to that game, so going forward, there are going to be plenty of older games that will be lost as nobody will own them - that will be so sad to see.

D

Deleted member 41971

It's in a far better state than it was at release. It's still a little buggy, but I would say it's no worse than a lot of AAA games are on release now, which given the open world nature of the game is pretty much the nature of the beast. For 15 quid, I'd say it's worth it!

For all that I joke about leaving the Steam library to someone as part of my estate, I'm well aware that I don't actually own any of the games in my library, so would have no protection should Steam close tomorrow. Epic have largely stopped making their own games, but must be making a fair bit of money from Unreal engine sales. Valve must largely be relying on Steam revenue, but obviously have done Half Life: Alyx, etc recently. Epic are perhaps a little more secure

interesting threads here

I can see in the future if people are not careful a library of alexandria moment whereby a massive part of content just goes, and people be like, ah, *********

and all your games can be left to your animals on your estate :LOL:

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Is Mafia Trilogy worth a punt, if my maths is correct it will come out at £14.99

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
Not played any GTA but might give mafia a go
The original Mafia was really good - didn't manage to play it at the time though, as I was just about close enough spec-wise to run it, but not quite, so I replayed the opening few missions until my PC at the time slowed to a complete crawl. I've not played the remake, but I believe it's pretty much a scene by scene job and done well.

Mafia 2 is a lot of fun and is set acrosss the 1940s and 50s, the main characters are pretty good for what they are

Mafia 3 pretty much killed my laptop which made me decide to get a PC last year, as it made my laptop run way too hot if I played it for too long. Have been meaning to go back to Mafia 3 on this PC, but haven't got around to it yet!

barlew

Godlike
The original Mafia was really good - didn't manage to play it at the time though, as I was just about close enough spec-wise to run it, but not quite, so I replayed the opening few missions until my PC at the time slowed to a complete crawl. I've not played the remake, but I believe it's pretty much a scene by scene job and done well.

Mafia 2 is a lot of fun and is set acrosss the 1940s and 50s, the main characters are pretty good for what they are

Mafia 3 pretty much killed my laptop which made me decide to get a PC last year, as it made my laptop run way too hot if I played it for too long. Have been meaning to go back to Mafia 3 on this PC, but haven't got around to it yet!
I completed Mafia 3 when it came out. That is a great game.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Mafia 3 was a complete mess when it came out. It crippled most PCs and output about 40fps :LOL:

It had multiple updates though so I'm sure it runs fine now.

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Picked up Cyberpunk for £14.99 and spent a few hours with it today. Admittedly, the first hour was literally just customising my character’s appearance but I’m into the game proper now and enjoying it so far. No bugs as yet and the ray tracing is impressive, although not quite as good as Control.

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
Picked up Cyberpunk for £14.99 and spent a few hours with it today. Admittedly, the first hour was literally just customising my character’s appearance but I’m into the game proper now and enjoying it so far. No bugs as yet and the ray tracing is impressive, although not quite as good as Control.
As I said in the Cyberpunk thread when I went back into it, most of the bugs I saw were the occasional NPC walking through doors, NPCs appearing or disappearing at random. Noticeable, but not major.

D

Deleted member 41971

firewatch is a cool little game is only 3 quid on gog at the moment

Last edited by a moderator: