PC Game Deals!

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Free games! Head over to Epic where you can get mountain climbing survival roguelike title Insurmountable:

And the superb XCOM 2, which really is a brilliant game:

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
It’s Thursday, it’s gone 4pm… you know the drill…

First freebie from Epic is the heartwarming story of a boy and his pet dog, transported to a magical place with flowering meadows and rainbow skies, and rivers made of chocolate, where the children danced and laughed and played with gumdrop smiles.

Just kidding, get your brown trousers at the ready for Amnesia: Rebirth…

Never heard of Riverbond but that’s your second title, both available for the next week…

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
It’s Thursday, it’s gone 4pm… you know the drill…

First freebie from Epic is the heartwarming story of a boy and his pet dog, transported to a magical place with flowering meadows and rainbow skies, and rivers made of chocolate, where the children danced and laughed and played with gumdrop smiles.

Just kidding, get your brown trousers at the ready for Amnesia: Rebirth…

Never heard of Riverbond but that’s your second title, both available for the next week…

I can't remember which one I've just added to my library....😂

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
I probably already have that game in my Steam library. Maybe.

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
Not a deal as such (although there are some deals to be had during the event), but there's a Steam event showcasing games made in China which will contain some brand new trailers and demos which I'll be keeping half an eye on

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Just a wee heads up, The Elder Scrolls: Arena, The Elder Scrolls 2: Daggerfall, and Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory games are currently free on Steam.

I’m not sure if they’ve gone permanently free to play or just temporarily as I’m on mobile and the site is terrible. But worth checking out if you’ve got a hankering for some of the old classics.

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Checked out the first 2 and this is what it says

1651053336718.png

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
They are free forever as far as I know, they've been free for years on the Bethesda website

They are fun if you fancy a nostalgic run through some really really old memories but they definitely do not hold up

Fun to see just how innovative the Elder Scrolls games where for their age and how they foreshadowed what came next

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
Indeed. Roll on Starfield, let’s see if Bethesda are pushing the boundaries or if it’s just Skyrim with a spacesuit on 👍
Skyrim with spacesuits would work for me. Bethesda's open world (open space?) games tend to need mods to fix bugs they never get around to fixing, so as excited as I would be for a massive evolutionary step in open world RPG games, I wouldn't entirely trust the company not to balls it up a little bit.

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
For the truly warped among you, The Stanley Parable has an upgraded version that went on sale today

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
For the truly warped among you, The Stanley Parable has an upgraded version that went on sale today

That game fried my mind!

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Here we go, more freebies from Epic. Your first offering is the charmingly titled Just Die Already, billed as an ‘old people mayhem sandbox’, much in the style of Goat Simulator.

And the second game is the surreal Paradigm. I played this point and clicker a couple of years ago and it’s not bad, definitely worth a go when it’s costing you nothing.

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
Here we go, more freebies from Epic. Your first offering is the charmingly titled Just Die Already, billed as an ‘old people mayhem sandbox’, much in the style of Goat Simulator.

And the second game is the surreal Paradigm. I played this point and clicker a couple of years ago and it’s not bad, definitely worth a go when it’s costing you nothing.

I already own both (no surprise there), but haven't touched either Paradigm looks like my kind of game, but doesn't like playing in full screen, so that's going to be a weird thing to get my head around. Windowed 1080 screens!