PC Game Deals!

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
if not already posted, if added before july the 1st a game called tell me why is free to keep on steam

seems to have good reviews
I got this last June during LGBT Pride month when it was also free. It's probably one of the more well known games dealing with trans issues and I found it a worthwhile play. I think it was quite powerful, and is in line with a lot of DONTNOD's other games in terms of its storytelling - there are multiple endings depending on your choices at certain points in the story. Some players may have an issue with the game having LGBT issues front and centre, but that certainly wasn't an issue for me and so I was able to engage with and experience the story that was being told.

D

Deleted member 41971

Some players may have an issue with the gaming having LGBT issues front and centre, but that certainly wasn't an issue for me and so I was able to engage with and experience the story that was being told.

my philosophy has always been if anyone has issues with any game then fine don't play it, vice versa if anyone likes a game then play it, simple as that, what gets on my nerves is when people say a game should not be sold because they just don't like it and therefore want it banned. Id rather gaming having a massive range of choices rather than not.

D

Deleted member 41971

a game worth keeping an eye on is planet crafter, in early access at the moment and released in late march 2022, not on sale as yet, but at 14.99 at the moment, looks interesting as the price may rise once more dev goes into it, also seems to have good reviews. and comes with a free demo.

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
if not already posted, if added before july the 1st a game called tell me why is free to keep on steam

seems to have good reviews
I got this last June during LGBT Pride month when it was also free. It's probably one of the more well known games dealing with trans issues and I found it a worthwhile play. I think it was quite powerful, and is in line with a lot of DONTNOD's other games in terms of its storytelling - there are multiple endings depending on your choices at certain points in the story. Some players may have an issue with the gaming having LGBT issues front and centre, but that certainly wasn't an issue for me and so I was able to engage with and experience the story that was being told.
Fantastically said, Denz and Disco ❤️

And if there’s anyone who has problems coping with the idea of LGBT themes, issues and their community in this medium, let me just make it clear that this forum is a safe space for people and any kind of hatred to your fellow humans will be met with an instant dismissal.

One love 🙂

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
my philosophy has always been if anyone has issues with any game then fine don't play it, vice versa if anyone likes a game then play it, simple as that, what gets on my nerves is when people say a game should not be sold because they just don't like it and therefore want it banned. Id rather gaming having a massive range of choices rather than not.
That is definitely my philosophy and that is something I love about indie gaming on PC over the last few years. There are developers out there making games telling their own stories, so there are games out there dealing with LGBT issues, dealing with racism, dealing with mental health and dealing with so many other issues that big developers won't touch. Gaming has its problems, I'm certainly not denying that and so many non-gamers still see gaming as a medium for kids, but I enjoy the fact there are so many genuinely complex topics being dealt with in sensitive and mature ways in games.

D

Deleted member 41971

That is definitely my philosophy and that is something I love about indie gaming on PC over the last few years. There are developers out there making games telling their own stories, so there are games out there dealing with LGBT issues, dealing with racism, dealing with mental health and dealing with so many other issues that big developers won't touch. Gaming has its problems, I'm certainly not denying that and so many non-gamers still see gaming as a medium for kids, but I enjoy the fact there are so many genuinely complex topics being dealt with in sensitive and mature ways in games.

I remember when the ban brigade went after gta, call of duty, postal etc etc, imagine if they had succeeded what gaming would have looked like now, prob farmville and thats it :LOL:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Fantastically said, Denz and Disco ❤️

And if there’s anyone who has problems coping with the idea of LGBT themes, issues and their community in this medium, let me just make it clear that this forum is a safe space for people and any kind of hatred to your fellow humans will be met with an instant dismissal.

One love 🙂
Love is the best thing Humans do, full stop.

Bhuna50

Author Level
I may have missed someone saying this but just in case they havent:

PC Building Simulator 2

Open Beta / Demo (first five levels) available on Epic now. Participate from now until June 20th for 15% off full game at launch.

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
I may have missed someone saying this but just in case they havent:

PC Building Simulator 2

Open Beta / Demo (first five levels) available on Epic now. Participate from now until June 20th for 15% off full game at launch.
Epic have funded PBS2 so there will never be a Steam release. The game is dead to me!

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Epic have funded PBS2 so there will never be a Steam release. The game is dead to me!
Do we know what the situation is with FF7, is that being released to general availability? I refuse to buy it on Epic, but I'm desperate to play it, been waiting for a Steam release.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Do we know what the situation is with FF7, is that being released to general availability? I refuse to buy it on Epic, but I'm desperate to play it, been waiting for a Steam release.
May have an answer on that:

UPDATE December 20: Final Fantasy 7 Remake config file reference Steam version, dataminers find.

It's just a question of when.

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
I......... just......... don't.........think.........i'll..............be.........able.........to..............hold...........offf..........til..............then..............

Once we have a Steam page for the game, it'll go on my wishlist where it shall stay until (at least) the first Steam sale. Sony are placing their first party exclusives quite reasonably on Steam (they pretty much all seem to be £40), but Squeenix love a good price gouge, so I suspect the Steam price may not be all that much lower than the Epic one.

Aza

Rising Star
May have an answer on that:

UPDATE December 20: Final Fantasy 7 Remake config file reference Steam version, dataminers find.

It's just a question of when.
Im assuming this is different to the Final Fantasy VII thats curerntly on steam?
I havent really followed it....although interestingly I was looking at the FF series this morning trying to decide if FFXV was worth buying...