PC Game Deals!

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Well, I have played Watchdogs 2 for, maybe, 6-8 hours this week and I really can't get into it. Not sure what it is but it just isn't holding my interest much. :(
I feel the same with both 1 and 2, just something not gelling with it, can't get into the flow. I find the machanics far too convoluted and unnatural also.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Some great ones on Epic Store from today:

A Total War Saga: Troy - Just released today, only free for 24 hours, so get in there quick!

Remnant: From The Ashes - This was only released last year and got rave reviews, I can't believe they're giving it away free already, great game! This one is their normal weekly giveaway so free until next thursday.

Last edited:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
On Epic Store this week we have:

Hitman 2016:

The Shadowrun Collection:

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Excellent, thanks for bringing that to our attention! I'll definitely be having Hitman (y)

I used to love Shadowrun on the SNES when I was a lad, I think it may have been the first ever RPG I played. Don't really know much about these updated games, anyone have opinions on them?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Excellent, thanks for bringing that to our attention! I'll definitely be having Hitman (y)

I used to love Shadowrun on the SNES when I was a lad, I think it may have been the first ever RPG I played. Don't really know much about these updated games, anyone have opinions on them?
Hitman is well worth it.... unfortunately it's not the Game Of The Year edition, to upgrade to that you have to pay £15 or something, but that's how they getcha

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
I’m getting involved!

This week on Epic Games is a personal favourite... Into The Breach

From the sadists who brought you FTL, it truly is a beauty of a game. It could run on a potato but don’t let the low fidelity graphics put you off, it’s one of the most accessible and enjoyable turn based strategies I’ve ever played.

I love FTL like a child but this is probably the better game. Not quite as evil and great for a ten minute fix. I wish they’d port it over to the iPad so I could take it everywhere I go.

D

Deleted member 41971

Available as a freebie on Epic Game Store we also have:

Not tried it myself but I used to love Theme Park on the Amiga 500 when I was a lad so in the basket it goes 🎟

Epic are amazing at free games, just wish there game client was as good as steam,

One of the best theme park sims is planet coaster if you like that genre of game,

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Epic are amazing at free games, just wish there game client was as good as steam,

One of the best theme park sims is planet coaster if you like that genre of game,

Nice one, thanks for that. I’ll add it to the list! I’ve finally made the grown up decision to clear my gaming backlog and imposed a rule of ‘only two games on the go’ until they’ve been completed. If Epic keep up on the freebies I’m never going to catch up 😆

Currently playing: Red Dead Redemption 2 and Bulletstorm.

D

Deleted member 41971

Nice one, thanks for that. I’ll add it to the list! I’ve finally made the grown up decision to clear my gaming backlog and imposed a rule of ‘only two games on the go’ until they’ve been completed. If Epic keep up on the freebies I’m never going to catch up 😆

Currently playing: Red Dead Redemption 2 and Bulletstorm.

Let me know when you have figured out how to freeze time :cool:

images - Copy.jpg

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
I’m getting more picky the older I get, I don’t download all the freebies because I know I’ll never get round to them. But after I finish Red Dead I’ll have Witcher 3 on the horizon and that’s going to eat up at least three months, estimated on how many hours per week I think I’ll be able to play.

It makes me appreciate the value of a shorter but tightly put together game. Bulletstorm, in its own little way, is a masterpiece. Great fun and isn’t outstaying it’s welcome. As time becomes more limited, games like that may be my preferred options.

And on that note, it gives me an excuse to bring up Resident Evil 4, which to this day ticks all those boxes. I’m sure Capcom are already in the process of remaking it though... no need, it’s perfect as it is 😑

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 41971

I’m getting more picky the older I get, I don’t download all the freebies because I know I’ll never get round to them. But after I finish Red Dead I’ll have Witcher 3 on the horizon and that’s going to eat up at least three months, estimated on how many hours per week I think I’ll be able to play.

It makes me appreciate the value of a shorter but tightly put together game. Bulletstorm, in its own little way, is a masterpiece. Great fun and isn’t outstaying it’s welcome. As time becomes more limited, games like that may be my preferred options.

And on that note, it gives me an excuse to bring up Resident Evil 4, which to this day ticks all those boxes. I’m sure Capcom are already in the process of remaking it though😑

Steams got some good offers on resident evil games until I think 28th Sep,

remember before gaming was internet connected, you had to really research every game, consider the price and make sure you got everything out of the game, also its actually difficault to finish a game considering the downloadable content and expansion packs some games have. (y)

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Steams got some good offers on resident evil games,

remember before gaming was internet connected, you had to really research every game, consider the price and make sure you got everything out of the game, also its actually difficault to finish a game considering the downloadable content and expansion packs some games have. (y)

Exactly! I got Donald Duck’s Quackshot free with my Sega Mega Drive as a kid and got 60+ hours out of that game because we weren’t well off and it was all I had. Rubbish game! 😆

Kids today will never understand that kind of thing, will they? Remember spending part of your Saturday afternoon stood in WHSmith flicking through Amiga Power and CVG, looking to see if Cannon Fodder was all it was cracked up to be. And then when the game came out, buying an actual physical copy and reading the manual on the bus ride home 😁

D

Deleted member 41971

Exactly! I got Donald Duck’s Quackshot free with my Sega Mega Drive as a kid and got 60+ hours out of that game because we weren’t well off and it was all I had. Rubbish game! 😆

Kids today will never understand that kind of thing, will they? Remember spending part of your Saturday afternoon stood in WHSmith flicking through Amiga Power and CVG, looking to see if Cannon Fodder was all it was cracked up to be. And then when the game came out, buying an actual physical copy and reading the manual on the bus ride home 😁

the manuals were amazing, remember when games came in a big box, now for example the last of us non special console edition came with one small piece of paper advertising another game :mad: in fairness you could beat sense into someone with one of those old game boxes :unsure:

games-master was fantastic for the time,