PC Game Deals!

D

Deleted member 41971

epic free game coming up on the 9th sep 2021 at 4pm is sheltered

and humble bundle are doing a team 17 bundle, up to 28 game including dlc bundle

and a free indie game on itch

D

Deleted member 41971

epic added a second free game, not heard of it but its called nioh: the complete edition

seems positive reviews on steam and it came out feb 2021

@ActuallyDenz is it in the library of denz and if so any good?

D

Deleted member 41971

ryse son of rome is 1.99 until 23rd sep 2021

two epic games advertised free for next week 16th sep 2021

speed brawl

and tharsis

weird reading that one,

"Tharsis is a turn-based space strategy game. With dice"...................... interesting, (reads on)

"And cannibalism. It puts you in control of humanity’s first mission to Mars," (ummmmm, backs away from computer) :alien:

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
epic added a second free game, not heard of it but its called nioh: the complete edition

seems positive reviews on steam and it came out feb 2021

@ActuallyDenz is it in the library of denz and if so any good?
Nioh is not in my library but it is one of the nearly 500 games on my wishlist. It's another one of those games being described as Souls-like, and having only played the opening hour or so of Dark Souls, I'm kinda put off by just how difficult those games tend to be. Can't argue with free though!

ryse son of rome is 1.99 until 23rd sep 2021

two epic games advertised free for next week 16th sep 2021

speed brawl

and tharsis

weird reading that one,

"Tharsis is a turn-based space strategy game. With dice"...................... interesting, (reads on)

"And cannibalism. It puts you in control of humanity’s first mission to Mars," (ummmmm, backs away from computer) :alien:
Tharsis has a fun concept, but my playthrough of it lasted only a couple of hours before I decided to stop playing. I didn't find it all that fun in practice - the dice roll concept was kinda unique, but the food supplies are wayyyy too low and well cannibalism is pretty much a must before too long.

CMP01

Enthusiast
Nioh is not in my library but it is one of the nearly 500 games on my wishlist. It's another one of those games being described as Souls-like, and having only played the opening hour or so of Dark Souls, I'm kinda put off by just how difficult those games tend to be. Can't argue with free though!

Tharsis has a fun concept, but my playthrough of it lasted only a couple of hours before I decided to stop playing. I didn't find it all that fun in practice - the dice roll concept was kinda unique, but the food supplies are wayyyy too low and well cannibalism is pretty much a must before too long.

'xactly... can't argue with free so I got it (and Sheltered too, might as well)
Tbh dunno much about either, neither being wishlisted etc but I'll count them as 'might play some (rainy, Steam backlog having been cleared) day'.
Nioh being a Souls-like does give me pause I'll admit... I don't mind a reasonable challenge and occasional death/cock up but that genre feels like too much time in for not much progress, plus the frustration factor. Still, free...
I think with Day's Gone (better than most reviews gave it) finished now, that HZD (phenomenal) is going to be a big time sink for a good chunk of time. I also want to give Stellaris a fair shake, at least to figure it out for now. I got it at launch but just wasn't feeling or getting it back then.

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
'xactly... can't argue with free so I got it (and Sheltered too, might as well)
Tbh dunno much about either, neither being wishlisted etc but I'll count them as 'might play some (rainy, Steam backlog having been cleared) day'.
Nioh being a Souls-like does give me pause I'll admit... I don't mind a reasonable challenge and occasional death/cock up but that genre feels like too much time in for not much progress, plus the frustration factor. Still, free...
I think with Day's Gone (better than most reviews gave it) finished now, that HZD (phenomenal) is going to be a big time sink for a good chunk of time. I also want to give Stellaris a fair shake, at least to figure it out for now. I got it at launch but just wasn't feeling or getting it back then.
Stellaris is fun, but as with all Paradox games, adding mods are pretty much a must.

I think I've given it a fair shake:

Capture.JPG

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
Transport Fever 2 is available for £15.99. It's a transport simulation game, and quite frankly, it's gorgeous. Give it a go if it's your thing!

ss_df1b847fe1ad0282cc78caae5694cfa4d6581868.1920x1080.jpg

ss_f8d29baccb70a9118a09897a0159dfcf864d6033.1920x1080.jpg

ss_16addbc44d2cc1ffd18159bd751fd89717481aa6.1920x1080.jpg

Bhuna50

Author Level
@ActuallyDenz - I have Transport Fever - is it much of an improvement on that or just some extra items in game and a bit of polish to the grfx? If its not a lot of difference, I will carry on with TF 1

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
@ActuallyDenz - I have Transport Fever - is it much of an improvement on that or just some extra items in game and a bit of polish to the grfx? If its not a lot of difference, I will carry on with TF 1
I don't own the original so can't compare the two. A few reviews say it is better than TF1, other reviews say the differences aren't much different. Sorry I'm not much help!

CMP01

Enthusiast
I've had both on my wishlist for a while now. Still not sure which is better or even if they are as good for me as appears.
Games like these will raise my interest but fwiw Cities: Skylines (as an example) was... well, I just didn't get it. Did all I was told in the tutorial and still failed (and then there's the DLC... how much and how much?) Railway Empire was another that didn't turn out quite as good as advertised.

Could try and refund but the problem with games like these is that 2 hours allows nowhere near a decent idea of things.

CMP01

Enthusiast
Damn, thats in my library and I was looking forward to playing that....now I'm just thinking....why bother..

Tbh it's not the worst. Specifically, I mainly found some of the controls counterintuitive (and couldn't get used to them) and questioned some mechanics that led to mistakes and checking/doublechecking etc a lot. It'd probably sink in better if I devoted a few days to it but thus far haven't had the spare time to be able to afford little pay off. The let's plays I've seen look good though.
It is still on my to play someday list as I like the idea still, whereas Cities: Skylines (which should've been the promised one) is hidden now.

Bhuna50

Author Level
Tbh it's not the worst. Specifically, I mainly found some of the controls counterintuitive (and couldn't get used to them) and questioned some mechanics that led to mistakes and checking/doublechecking etc a lot. It'd probably sink in better if I devoted a few days to it but thus far haven't had the spare time to be able to afford little pay off. The let's plays I've seen look good though.
It is still on my to play someday list as I like the idea still, whereas Cities: Skylines (which should've been the promised one) is hidden now.

Sorry there’s no going back on it now. You’ve sunk the game lower in my lists of next to play. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 41971

stellaris is free to play for 5 days until 20th Sep 2021,

dirt 4 is 74p at fanatical

and itch game rock from hell is free at the mo