PC Game Deals!

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Anyone know where I could buy Gangsters 2 legitimately?
That’s going back some! You got a hankering for some Tommy gunning?

0E99CD9D-4B80-407C-9462-1879C7DFD423.gif

Keep the change, you filthy animal…

Bhuna50

Author Level
It's a great game. I just fancy something I don't need to assign a lot of time to :D

Have you seen City of Gangsters on Steam - it looks pretty similar and I've got it on my wishlist but not got around to getting it yet as not 100% sure if it is going to live up to Gangsters :D

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
Have you seen City of Gangsters on Steam - it looks pretty similar and I've got it on my wishlist but not got around to getting it yet as not 100% sure if it is going to live up to Gangsters :D
- Game on Steam gets mentioned
- Denz appears saying he owns game
- Nobody is surprised

The developers have made it clear that City of Gangsters is purely about the booze side of organised crime during the Prohibition Era. The game is about the logistics of ensuring your production facilities have enough raw materials to keep manufacturing your booze of choice and then you need to ensure that your speakeasies have enough supply to keep selling. It's fairly fun, but I think I preferred Gangsters as it was broader in its approach as there were different business types.

Bhuna50

Author Level
- Game on Steam gets mentioned
- Denz appears saying he owns game
- Nobody is surprised

The developers have made it clear that City of Gangsters is purely about the booze side of organised crime during the Prohibition Era. The game is about the logistics of ensuring your production facilities have enough raw materials to keep manufacturing your booze of choice and then you need to ensure that your speakeasies have enough supply to keep selling. It's fairly fun, but I think I preferred Gangsters as it was broader in its approach as there were different business types.
Cheers for that. I did think it was just one business, one of the things that was putting me off. Lol.

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
Cheers for that. I did think it was just one business, one of the things that was putting me off. Lol.
One game mechanic that I do like about CoG is that the game tracks your relationships with everyone in the city. You have a nationality, one of your parents will always share your nationality and your other parent may have a different one. You initially have a better relationship with people of your nationality, but potentially having half of your family with a different nationality means that you will find it easier to expand into neighbourhoods that share your second one.

In my most recent game, I played as an Irish migrant, one of my parents was Polish, so I found myself expanding into the Irish and Polish neighbourhoods more easily. Was fun until I expanded too quickly and couldn't defend myself from a bigger gang!

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
Just had a look at the game for the first time in a while and saw there's a new Atlantic City DLC which adds gambling, so that's twice as many illegal business types as before!

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
This is definitely a game to keep an eye on. It’s an homage to an old Amiga game which was a favourite of @Scott and myself.

I don’t normally play multiplayer these days but I’ll be making an exception when this one lands, especially if some of you lot get involved.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Very late recommendation but there's a Guildford Games sale on Steam which has been going all weekend and ends this evening. Guildford seems to be one of the hotbeds of UK gaming these days, with some awesome studios making some really good games. https://store.steampowered.com/sale/guildfordgamesfestival2021
Back in the late 90's, Bulldog Productions used to be in Guildford Business Park, I got offered a job as a games tester with them but was living miles away at the time and it wasn't feasible. They were the ones behind Theme Park, Syndicate and Dungeon Keeper. They ended up being bought out by EA and moved their offices into central Guildford. A friend of mine did take one of those same jobs I was offered and now flies around the world for EA demoing new games releases to prospective marketing execs in 5 star hotels.

Peter Molyneux who is a bit of a legend in the gaming world was the founder of Bullfrog. Ironically, he met his business partner at Bullfrog while working at a little unknown hifi shop which is where I go for hifi advice. Big shout out to PJ Hifi, you guys are the best!

I bring this up a lot, but I'm so incredibly jealous of my friend, he literally has the best job in the world and gets paid an absolute fortune.

But also the devs for No Man's Sky are based in Guildford.

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
Back in the late 90's, Bulldog Productions used to be in Guildford Business Park, I got offered a job as a games tester with them but was living miles away at the time and it wasn't feasible. They were the ones behind Theme Park, Syndicate and Dungeon Keeper. They ended up being bought out by EA and moved their offices into central Guildford. A friend of mine did take one of those same jobs I was offered and now flies around the world for EA demoing new games releases to prospective marketing execs in 5 star hotels.

Peter Molyneux who is a bit of a legend in the gaming world was the founder of Bullfrog. Ironically, he met his business partner at Bullfrog while working at a little unknown hifi shop which is where I go for hifi advice. Big shout out to PJ Hifi, you guys are the best!

I bring this up a lot, but I'm so incredibly jealous of my friend, he literally has the best job in the world and gets paid an absolute fortune.

But also the devs for No Man's Sky are based in Guildford.
Two Point Hospital (spiritual successor to Theme Hospital) is in the sale as Two Point studios has a lot of ex-Bullfrog staff working for them.

Speaking of Molyneux, still annoyed at what was promised with Fable and all the other Bullfrog/Lionhead/other studios where he over-promised and under-delivered! :ROFLMAO:

rouchie

Rising Star
ALERT, ALERT, ALERT! Free games coming your way!

I’ve got a fair few for you here so be prepared for a longish post…

At 4pm today you get your weekly freebies from Epic. The new offerings are multiplayer survival horror title, Dead by Daylight:

And the interesting looking While True: Learn (), a puzzle game which seeks to teach you the basics of machine learning:

Then, if you haul your butt over to Amazon Prime Gaming, there’s a cocktail of delights for you. There’s plenty of free games but here’s the top picks…

There’s the cracking Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit Remastered, redeemable on Origin:

A football management game where you manage footballers, it’s Football Manager 2021, redeemable on Epic:

And by far my favourite of all the goodies on offer, you can get all five chapters of Tales Of Monkey Island on the Amazon Games App! Free! For some reason it’s not letting me provide a link to them so here’s the homepage:

https://gaming.amazon.com/home

Enjoy!
Picked them all up, cheers!

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Have you had a chance to check out the Radiohead thing yet? I’m DYING to hear your thoughts on it so if you haven’t, please make it priority one. You’ll need two hours max to get all the best bits (but it’ll low key make you wish that you still did things you promised you wouldn’t do anymore, I would’ve enjoyed it even more in the right/wrong circumstances)
Man, with a couple of challenging weekends previously, I'm only just getting round to this now, 10Gb install so about 30% the way through downloading.

Will let you know what I think (y)