PC Game Deals!

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Man, with a couple of challenging weekends previously, I'm only just getting round to this now, 10Gb install so about 30% the way through downloading.

Will let you know what I think (y)
That's an incredibly ethereal experience and fits the album really well.

It wasn't at all what I was expecting.

The very first hallway as you walk in was incredibly provocative, you literally felt yourself getting sucked in, was really cool.

They've put an awful lot of detail into it and if you spend your time looking at the wall doodles and the stick men up close, there's so much in there. In the Paper Room, I wondered if those central papers were actual doodles taken from the time by Donwood, or if he made them specifically for this "experience". I'd like to think the former, and that's why they felt they should be highlighted.

But the stick men are actually really detailed with texture mapping which I was quite surprised at as that takes a lot of extra effort, but it did add to their impact in certain environments. Similarly the floor textures change, from shiny wet cold stone to fake plasticky to tv glass.

One minor criticism where I felt they could have added some depth, there were QR codes from the entrance and then at various places, I scanned each and every one, but they all lead to the same place. They could have added something unique to that environment which would have been rather cool.

And the way the music mixed together was flawless. This is something Radiohead are far in advance of most others, they're up there with Sigur Ros in that respect, they're far more than musicians, they are engineers at heart as well which is really quite profoundly incredible. They really know how to put together a really well balanced sound, despite the heavy effects they use which would cause most systems to red line.

I adore Radiohead. OK Computer was so impactful for me at the time, and remains so, it encapsulated exactly how I felt back then. I only knew a couple of their big hits before then, but obviously found older tracks from various films. Seriously talented, and different to the norm. Everything In It's Right Place is a huge favorite of mine which I was introduced to on the Vanilla Sky soundtrack, again, so ahead of it's time.

Last edited:

CMP01

Enthusiast
It's me or

Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun​

is free on gog ?

Already got it in a Steam sale 3 years ago. I tried it for an hour and its good but I was really too busy for any gaming at the time so it's been in the backlog since.
Still, might be time to get a GoG account anyway.

D

Deleted member 41971

psychonauts 2 is 35.79 at gog

and worth keeping an eye on rayman origins, online it said it might be free on 14th December 2021 at 1pm

pc game pass, £1 for 3 months currently

Last edited by a moderator:

rouchie

Rising Star
40-odd hours in Prison Architect - so much fun!

Paradox got their hands on it though and so much of the DLC they've released has been a bit meh sadly.

If any one plays this they can import a prisoner to their prison called rouchie, which was my reward for buying and playing the game in the development phase, you got to name your prisoner and create their rap sheet :)

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
If any one plays this they can import a prisoner to their prison called rouchie, which was my reward for buying and playing the game in the development phase, you got to name your prisoner and create their rap sheet :)
Next time I give it a go, I'll keep an eye out for "you". Once the prison gets beyond 25/30 prisoners, I tend not to have the time to focus on names as I'm too busy trying to stop fights, hunting down contraband, etc!

rouchie

Rising Star
Next time I give it a go, I'll keep an eye out for "you". Once the prison gets beyond 25/30 prisoners, I tend not to have the time to focus on names as I'm too busy trying to stop fights, hunting down contraband, etc!
You actually have to import the prisoner once your prison is set up, as a transfer, so you will see "me" as I arrive :)

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
The fantastic Lonely Mountains Downhill is on sale for £9.89 on Steam right now. It’s absolutely cracking with a ‘just one more go’ quality to it.

Would recommend to anyone but there’s a demo available if you want to dip your toe in the water.

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
As stated above by @DISCOSPARTA Epic have begun their Christmas giveaway and the first title is now available for you all!

It’s the game that they said would never make it to release and spent years in development hell… it’s Shenmue 3!

Looks like similar to last year, the games will be available for only 24 hours as opposed to the usual week so get on them quickly. If nobody else has beaten me to it, I’ll try and post the new titles each day 👍

D

Deleted member 41971

hitman 3, 19.99 and with the free coupon its 9.99 for the standard edition and 19.99 for deluxe with coupon.

with coupon tony hawks pro skater is 9.99 for standard

alan wake is 9.99 with coupon

with coupon far cry 5 and new dawn is 6.79

Last edited by a moderator:

Bhuna50

Author Level
Just been reading and apparently Epic is limitless $10 coupons - so every game over 14.99 has 10 off it apparently.

Cant get the free game at the moment - too many people i think doing it - it keeps disappearing on me LOL

Bhuna50

Author Level
Yep - it applies £10 for each game over £14.99:

1639689998402.png

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken