PC keeps freezing up(not literally)

oliver123

i have had this PC for 2 years with the only change being the drives and i have started to notice some problems with it going int a complete still
1 my mouse cant click
2 mouse cant move
3 all input and output stops
is there any way to avoid this from happening
thanks in advance

system information
processor Intel core i7-2600 CPU 4.4ghz
4x 2GB ddr3 ram
gt 1030
1 Samsung ssd
1 Kingston (c:/windows) ssd
1 wdc
2 generic monitors one dvi and one HDMI(both stop at same time )
ps i cant use task manager as it freezes as well

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
That could be the problem. Updating Windows versions in place should work for everyone, but it doesn't and there are countless examples of updating in place like this causes niggly glitches. I know it sounds like a cop-out but a clean install of 2004 would be my first move. You need to know you have a clean and stable system.

You could always install Macrium Reflect (free) and take an image of your current system so you can get back to it easily if you need to (or if you need to copy files out of it later).

oliver123

thanks for your help but i have installed a drive from an old pc and i forgot to check if it was ok i have removed the drive from my pc and seems to be working ok sorry for not telling you about the drive. i will repost on here if the problem reoccurs

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
thanks for your help but i have installed a drive from an old pc and i forgot to check if it was ok i have removed the drive from my pc and seems to be working ok sorry for not telling you about the drive. i will repost on here if the problem reoccurs
Ah. No worries, happy you sorted it. :)