PC maintenance equipment

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
Me and my laptop don't get along very well, and often argue. I created an unbalanced spec by not visiting the PCS forum when I ordered( :oops: ), and I've not really looked after it properly since ( :oops::oops: ). I am going to be better when I get a desktop, but I feel like I need to get my hands on the right equipment, so figured I'd ask for suggestions here. I had a desktop when I was in uni and was pretty confident at the time on maintaining everything, but I feel kinda out of the loop now.

I know I'll need compressed air for cleaning inside as that's obvious enough, but will I need teeny, tiny screwdrivers to get inside the case? Is there anything else I have to consider getting? Or perhaps some things that would be a bonus but not absolutely necessary?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
If you set aside money, these are the tools that I have that I now couldn't live without:

This instead of compressed air, you'll actually save a lot of money over the years and it's far better: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01G1Z0RF0/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

IFixit Micro toolkit, simply THE BEST toolkit for any PC or mobile related fixes: https://www.amazon.co.uk/iFixit-Toolkit-performance-réparations-électroniques/dp/B01GF0KV6G/ref=sr_1_5?dchild=1&keywords=ifixit&qid=1603209340&sr=8-5
I was looking at a couple of dusters, so thanks for that recommendation. That toolkit was exactly the kind of thing I had in mind. Many thanks!

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I was looking at a couple of dusters, so thanks for that recommendation. That toolkit was exactly the kind of thing I had in mind. Many thanks!
That's the full toolkit which includes the spudgers and tweazers and everything, they do just do the screwdriver set on it's own here but I'd recommend getting the full set, you never know when you need it and it's come in SOOO handy for me over the years:

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
I own the compu-clean blower, it’s brilliant. Just had a look at the screwdriver set and found this amazing nugget on the questions. Hats off to the genius who sent this query in, I salute him 😆

BA236DCD-67FF-49A2-A078-77514164DDD0.jpeg

Gavras

Master Poster
Slightly overkill but I use one of these for both PC and car (detailing).

Great on car vents and pc vents lol.