PC only opening to BIOS

beetaiji

I bought a PC from PCS in around October of last year and until about 3 days ago it’s worked completely fine. Three days ago I was updating a game and left my chair briefly, when I returned it had restarted and was in BIOS mode. No big deal, pressed exit, but it restarted and opening into BIOS again. Pressed discard changes and exit, no restart just straight back into BIOS. I tried disabling CSM and it restarted and said ‘Reboot media not found, Insert selected media’ or something along those lines. I have not changed anything about the PC since I bought it. I use it only for my university work (I’m a film student, I use it to edit) and games. My specs are:

Intel® Core™ i5 14-Core Processor i5-13600K (Up to 5.1GHz) 24MB Cache
ASUS® TUF GAMING Z790-PLUS WIFI D4 (LGA1700, USB 3.2, PCIe 5.0) - ARGB Ready
32GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3200MHz (1 x 32GB)
12GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 4070 - HDMI, DP, LHR
2TB PCS PCIe M.2 SSD (3500 MB/R, 3100 MB/W)

1TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA SATA-III 3.5" HDD, 6GB/s, 7200RPM, 64MB CACHE

I don’t have enough knowledge about PCs to even know how to fiddle with things, so I have not changed anything since I first got it and set it up. I don’t know how to take things out and put things in.

Please help me, I really need this for my assignments and have no clue how to do anything while it’s like this.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I bought a PC from PCS in around October of last year and until about 3 days ago it’s worked completely fine. Three days ago I was updating a game and left my chair briefly, when I returned it had restarted and was in BIOS mode. No big deal, pressed exit, but it restarted and opening into BIOS again. Pressed discard changes and exit, no restart just straight back into BIOS. I tried disabling CSM and it restarted and said ‘Reboot media not found, Insert selected media’ or something along those lines. I have not changed anything about the PC since I bought it. I use it only for my university work (I’m a film student, I use it to edit) and games. My specs are:

Intel® Core™ i5 14-Core Processor i5-13600K (Up to 5.1GHz) 24MB Cache
ASUS® TUF GAMING Z790-PLUS WIFI D4 (LGA1700, USB 3.2, PCIe 5.0) - ARGB Ready
32GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3200MHz (1 x 32GB)
12GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 4070 - HDMI, DP, LHR
2TB PCS PCIe M.2 SSD (3500 MB/R, 3100 MB/W)

1TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA SATA-III 3.5" HDD, 6GB/s, 7200RPM, 64MB CACHE

I don’t have enough knowledge about PCs to even know how to fiddle with things, so I have not changed anything since I first got it and set it up. I don’t know how to take things out and put things in.

Please help me, I really need this for my assignments and have no clue how to do anything while it’s like this.
Could you post the full specs from the order page please?

beetaiji

Processor (CPU)Intel® Core™ i5 14-Core Processor i5-13600K (Up to 5.1GHz) 24MB Cache
MotherboardASUS® TUF GAMING Z790-PLUS WIFI D4 (LGA1700, USB 3.2, PCIe 5.0) - ARGB Ready
Memory (RAM)32GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3200MHz (1 x 32GB)
Graphics Card12GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 4070 - HDMI, DP, LHR
1st M.2 SSD Drive2TB PCS PCIe M.2 SSD (3500 MB/R, 3100 MB/W)
1st Storage Drive1TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA SATA-III 3.5" HDD, 6GB/s, 7200RPM, 64MB CACHE
DVD/BLU-RAY DriveNOT REQUIRED
Power SupplyCORSAIR 650W CV SERIES™ CV-650 POWER SUPPLY
Power Cable1 x 1.5 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Processor CoolingPCS FrostFlow 200 Series High Performance CPU Cooler
Thermal PasteSTANDARD THERMAL PASTE FOR SUFFICIENT COOLING
Sound CardONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Network CardONBOARD LAN PORT
Wireless Network CardNOT REQUIRED
USB/Thunderbolt OptionsMIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 2 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS

beetaiji

I don’t really know what that means or how to do that ? I didn’t even know I had an SSD honestly. I’m autistic too so I struggle to do things without a detailed step by step. Is there anywhere I can find a step by step tutorial on how to do this?

beetaiji

It’s likely the primary SSD has failed. You can try removing it and reseating it as a last attempt.
What can I do if this doesn’t work, too? PCS isn’t replying to my emails as of right now but I really need the PC to be up and running ASAP because I really depend on it for my work. How can I get it fixed?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I don’t really know what that means or how to do that ? I didn’t even know I had an SSD honestly. I’m autistic too so I struggle to do things without a detailed step by step. Is there anywhere I can find a step by step tutorial on how to do this?
Best to RMA the machine than and PCS can do it for you.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
What can I do if this doesn’t work, too? PCS isn’t replying to my emails as of right now but I really need the PC to be up and running ASAP because I really depend on it for my work. How can I get it fixed?
Don’t email, you need to phone or do a tech support ticket through your account

beetaiji

Don’t email, you need to phone or do a tech support ticket through your account
I have done a support ticket as soon as it failed but I only got one reply asking me to confirm something I had already confirmed in the original ticket. I’ll make a phone call.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Sorry for all the questions, thank you for helping me :) I’m really anxious about this as it cost a lot and I am a student so I don’t want it to have been a waste.
It's very easy to do yourself, I would just read the motherboard manual rather than raising an RMA as you'll be without the PC for about a month and there's just no need really.

But if you're not comfortable doing it, your only option is to RMA it.

I also wouldn't replace it with the same drive, a proper branded drive Gen 4 like the P44 Pro would be far more suitable.

beetaiji

It's very easy to do yourself, I would just read the motherboard manual rather than raising an RMA as you'll be without the PC for about a month and there's just no need really.

But if you're not comfortable doing it, your only option is to RMA it.

I also wouldn't replace it with the same drive, a proper branded drive Gen 4 like the P44 Pro would be far more suitable.
They seem to be really expensive, I’m not sure I have the money to replace it. To reseat it, I just take the original one out and then put it back in? I don’t need to replace the SSD completely?