PC Order so slow?

KB.

Ive been on pre-production for 15 days, this is extremely way too long to be building a PC i ordered a cutsom pc with ryzen 3600 gpu, 2060 6gb, asus strix b550, 16gb ram 3200mhz, 512gb ssd, 1tb hard drive. i am extremely considering cancelling my order with PCS
can anyone tell why this is happening
thabk you

Going by users on here average wait time is around 20-25 days atm the moment if all products are in stock when ready to go into build.

Massive demand + Covid and GPU restraints have made getting hold of parts a lot harder.

ojmck22

Bronze Level Poster
Ive been on pre-production for 15 days, this is extremely way too long to be building a PC i ordered a cutsom pc with ryzen 3600 gpu, 2060 6gb, asus strix b550, 16gb ram 3200mhz, 512gb ssd, 1tb hard drive. i am extremely considering cancelling my order with PCS
thabk you
15 days is not long, give it another two weeks and assess your situation then if it still hasn't moved on, but i predict it will have by then

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
thabk you
Global pandemic that's been going on for over a year now

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
thabk you
Please read through the stickies on the forum, it's all explained in those and you agree to read them first before posting as a new member.

D

Deleted member 17413

To be blunt, 15 days wasnt a bad waiting time for a build even before all this stuyff started...
OP is quite obviously unaware of regular practice, let alone the impact things like covid and brexit have had.

i_Ary

Gold Level Poster
I’d also like to remind you that the 2060 and 2060S production has been halted by Nvidia, and I’ve seen news headlines saying they’d come back at April, so please be aware of that and be patient. 15 working days is not bad at all considering everything thats going on right now from this pandemic to brexit to stocks to demand to everything!🙂

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I’d also like to remind you that the 2060 and 2060S production has been halted by Nvidia, and I’ve seen news headlines saying they’d come back at April, so please be aware of that and be patient. 15 working days is not bad at all considering everything thats going on right now from this pandemic to brexit to stocks to demand to everything!🙂
This isn’t accurate.

The 2060 stopped priduction at the end of last year.

There are rumours that they may release more 2060’s and 1050ti’s but no dates have been given afaik.

Nothing has been confirmed as yet, as far as we know they are discontinued cards along with all the 1600 and 2000 series cards.

There’s no suggestion I’ve seen that the 2060 Super will be reissued.

i_Ary

Gold Level Poster
This isn’t accurate.

The 2060 stopped priduction at the end of last year.

There are rumours that they may release more 2060’s and 1050ti’s but no dates have been given afaik.

Nothing has been confirmed as yet, as far as we know they are discontinued cards along with all the 1600 and 2000 series cards.

There’s no suggestion I’ve seen that the 2060 Super will be reissued.

Sorry, thanks for correcting me. I got this information off of a few of those news sites which report things such as the 2060 cards coming back in stock at a specific time. I know production of them stopped a year ago, however I would’ve thought places such as Zotac or Palit make their own forms of the 2060 and the 2060S with just including the chip from Nvidia. However may be wrong, once again, just heard this info off of people from the forums and sites

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Sorry, thanks for correcting me. I got this information off of a few of those news sites which report things such as the 2060 cards coming back in stock at a specific time. I know production of them stopped a year ago, however I would’ve thought places such as Zotac or Palit make their own forms of the 2060 and the 2060S with just including the chip from Nvidia. However may be wrong, once again, just heard this info off of people from the forums and sites
Like I said, nvidia have hinted that they may reproduce the 2060 and the 1650ti, but they’ve not given any dates when this may happen as yet, so no one can yet give any concrete expectations unless something new has come to light over the last couple of days. If you have seen something do post some links, would love to read it.

You’re right though, nvidia manufacture the GPU dies themselves and then issue them to board partners to build their cards around.

Problem is that stocks of the 2060 appears to have dried up most places if you look on stock notification sites, which does suggest there are no surplus chips left, unless shipments were held back because of Chinese New Year which is entirely possible.

This is tracking the US market which would normally have better stock availability than the UK:

KB.

To be blunt, 15 days wasnt a bad waiting time for a build even before all this stuyff started...
OP is quite obviously unaware of regular practice, let alone the impact things like covid and brexit have had.
ive waited and says it will be built on the tuesday 2nd march, its passed that date and i have not received any updates on my pc, what is going on

Rakk

The Awesome
ive waited and says it will be built on the tuesday 2nd march, its passed that date and i have not received any updates on my pc, what is going on
That date would've just been an estimate, I'm guessing there have just been some delays.
It will get to building (hopefully soon) but everything is just an estimate at this point