PC performance (graphics)

Razer

Hi,

I know very little about PCs, so this could be a stupid question.

Why does PC performance drop so dramatically? I've always been real careful with my desktops, and always wondered why you can you play games with Ultra settings for 6 months, then suddenly it drops further and further to the point you're playing at mid to low settings. Even with graphic driver updates, windows, and anything that I can possibly update. My desktops always run amazingly when browsing and watching movies still, but the graphical side it always declines... To the point that you either gotta start upgrading.

Thanks.

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
Are you talking about the same games or new ones.

If you are talking about new games its because the graphics are being constantly improved, especially in the last year with the new consoles being released developers are putting more money into visuals.

If not there are probably programs using resources whilst the game is running, I recommend trying something like Game Booster which will clean your RAM when you start playing for extra space.

keynes

Multiverse Poster
Likely to be driver issues. As a last resort I would try a clean installation of windows to see if the problem persist

Rainy

Bronze Level Poster
I'm with Keynes on this, when I first downloaded Mirror's Edge I could play max no problem, however I'm now on beta 14.6 drivers (AMD) due to Watch Dogs, and performance in Mirror's Edge has dropped considerably.

Last edited: