Pc pics and review

Badgerhunter

Bronze Level Poster
Hey, recieved my new pc today. Just got round to testing it out and as some of you may have seen finding some problems. :p

Ok the specs i got were
Case
NZXT M59 (havent seen anyone else review this on here so it should be new :p)
Screen
22' Standard TFT screen @ 1920x1080
CPU
AMD phenom II x4 965 3.4ghz BE
Graphics card
ATI Radeon HD 6970
Soundcard
Standard 7.1
RAM
8gb Ram 1033mhz
CPU Cooler
AMD stock cpu cooler

Ok I'll do it bit by bit.

PCS Building
The updates on the building of the pc to me gave me a bit of reassurance that the pc was being built properly with infomation on the building and each stage. The build quality of the pc from what i can so far is pretty good. Only one problem at the moment with the headphones jack on the front which buzzes when the hard drive/cpu is in use. So for the moment i use the plug at the back which is a bit annoying but will work for tonight.
Delivery
Ok the delivery was fine for me even thought it was quite late on at 5:40pm. I woke up at 8:30 and saw it had been dispatched and didn't dare even have a shower because i was scared i would miss it. However it didn't come until late in the day. I didn't have a problem because i was in all day but if it was someone else they might have found it a bit annoying having to sit around all day for the pc. So do be prepared for a day spent waiting.
Case
For a £59 case I am really amazed at it. It looks good with the LED and night lights and still has loads of space inside with bit air vents and dust filters. It comes with 2 fans (side and back) and there is space for another 3 (two on the top and one at the front). There is also holes for liquid cooling. So if your on a budget i would highly recommend this case.
Speed
The speed of this is pretty amazing (to me anyway). I've only played ARMA2 at the moment but i could run it at 1920x1080 at all settings very high at over 40 fps during a battle big battle in a forest. So far i can tell the graphics card and cpu are well worth the money.
The screen
This is one of the downside for me. Its the £99 screen and althought for the size the price is very good but for me this is where it stops. I recieved it and plugged it in and i found black and white dead pixels on it. No problem I can run software to clean it up but for straight out the box it doesnt look too good. However the screen itself isnt exactly eye friendly for me. The pixels are quite visable from about a metre away and it looks kinda blurry even at native res. I would give it a 6/10 because its fairly cheap and is a decent size but if it comes out the box with dead pixels something is not quite right.

So overall I think pcs have done a pretty good job, the screen has kinda let the size down. I hope the pcs customer support will help me fix my problem with the front speaker jack tomorrow. Now all i need to do is stop using my old pcs laptop for the internet and get my dongle to work with windows 7!
Will update with pics when the internet speeds up.

wereireland

Enthusiast
Could you post some pics of the m59 case. I would be interested in seeing in pictures of it other than the studio pictures that pcs has. I like too see pictures of cases lying in a peoples rooms so i can better picture it in my room.

EDIT: Ignore first bit, i just read about your internet. +rep btw

Badgerhunter

Bronze Level Poster
Thanks man, I'll be updating the pics when i figure out how to get my pc to connect to the internet -__- (sucks that the dongle doesnt work)