PC shuts down when playing high graphic games.

Cajim

So my PC runs everything normally and fine, when playing games such as League of Legends, everything still ok.

However when I load games are graphics, my pc may just shut down and not turn on for about 20 minutes???

PC Specs:

Case PCS MAELSTROM T900 BLACK GAMING CASE
Processor (CPU) Intel® Core™i7 Quad Core Processor i7-4770 (3.4GHz) 8MB Cache
Motherboard ASUS® Z87M-PLUS: m-ATX, USB3.0, SATA 6.0, XFIRE
Memory (RAM) 16GB KINGSTON DUAL-DDR3 1600MHz (2 x 8GB)
Graphics Card 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 770 - 2 DVI, HDMI, DP - 3D Vision Ready
2nd Graphics Card NONE
3rd Graphics Card NONE
1st Hard Disk 1TB 3.5" SATA-III 6GB/s HDD 7200RPM 32MB CACHE
2nd Hard Disk 1TB 3.5" SATA-III 6GB/s HDD 7200RPM 32MB CACHE
3rd Hard Disk NONE
4th Hard Disk NONE
RAID NONE
1st DVD/BLU-RAY Drive 24x DUAL LAYER DVD WRITER ±R/±RW/RAM
2nd DVD/BLU-RAY Drive NONE
Memory Card Reader INTERNAL 52 IN 1 CARD READER (XD, MS, CF, SD, etc) + 1 x USB 2.0 PORT
Power Supply CORSAIR 650W RM SERIES™ MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
Processor Cooling Super Quiet 22dBA Triple Copper Heatpipe Intel CPU Cooler

mantadog

Superhero Level Poster
Are you able to check the temps of the CPU and GPU, that would tell us if its an overheating problem.

Sounds like an overheating problem, but 20 minutes to turn back on is odd.

Cajim

I just checked HWmonitor and my graphics card is recieving 0.0w from my power... but the temperture is 10'c under the max when playing

Cajim

hwmonitor.jpg

This is while playing league of legends

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I can't see anything wrong with those figures.... it's the cpu graphics receiving 0.0w power which you'd expect cos it's accessing your nVidia graphics when gaming. The GPU looks ok both temperature and fan-wise....

Cajim

Ye i can play League of LEgends for hours without any problems but games such as Wildstar it could play for 2 hours or 1 minute before it will just turn off may a clicking sound then refuse to turn back on for a while.

mantadog

Superhero Level Poster
We had someone with a similar issue to this a few months back, turned out to be a faulty card. I'd say this is sounding like a faulty card too.

mantadog

Superhero Level Poster
You an just have them send out a new card and you send them back the old one. You don't need to have your whole PC shipped back and the process is quicker.

Call them up and they will probably go through some troubleshooting with you, if that fails they will ask if you are comfortable fitting your own GPU. It's a very simple process they can walk you through over the phone or we can do it on the forums here.

WortonTech

Bronze Level Poster
This might be a driver issue too. I had a few issues with Nvidia when I got my PC last year (not from PCS though) I uninstalled all of the 3d software and then it worked.

Cajim

Well i sent it in for an RMA and just got it back... 2 minutes into a game and shut down. Has not turned on for an hour now......

Oliver

Silver Level Poster
Greetings Cajim,

Just out of interest does your computer crash only in Wildstar? If so Wildstar has been known to crash cards however it shouldn't be rebooting your computer normally it would be called a TDR (timeout detection and recovery) however rebooting the whole computer seems to be the way of the motherboard saying "Hey, GPU isnt looking good" If it's just wildstar you may be having a bug similar to some other wildstar users, I know PCS tests the computer/benchmarks using the game D3 F2P.

Have you also uninstalled Nvidia 3D? This as others have pointed out can cause some random crashing and isnt the world's most stable driver set.

Have you installed the latest drivers or beta drivers?

Overall if your getting problems with other games crashing let PCS know which games affect your computer and request they test your computer with them games. (if you have them installed and are happy to have your login information saved so they can use your account/get the same error) that would be handy so they can investigate further.

Once again it's never nice having an RMA come back not fixed (from experience I know this frustration all too well!) so do give em a call to see where to go next.

Hope this helps
Oliver

Zinalu

I'm not sure if your problem is the same as I had, when I played Assassins creed Black flag I tried to run a higher option of the "Anti-aliasing quality" from FXAA to a higher option, the computer messed up so badly from that I had to reinstall windows 7 and I will never try that option ever again in any game, maybe there is a similar problem for you? Nothing happened while I was at the loading screens and the menu, it was when the game itself started the computer froze and then became just weird.

Last edited: