Pc went back for rma came back broken still

ShaWor

Bronze Level Poster
I posted a thread about 3 weeks ago about how my pc sounded really load and was squealing and rumbling and making liquid sounds it went in for a rma and pcs said it was fixed and they replaced a pump on it today it has been returned it still sounds loud and the squeal sound is still there it makes me feel like they have not replaced or fixed everything I feel like I’m being coned out of money because the pc definitely should not sound like this when it’s not even been hardly used and it was only delivered in January does anyone have any ideas on what I should do

D

Deleted member 17413

Can you post your full specs?
Any sound recording of the noises you are getting, any difference in the noises now? (still making liquid gurgle noises? or is it just loud now?)

ShaWor

Bronze Level Poster
Case
CORSAIR iCUE 465X RGB GAMING CASE - FNATIC EDITION
Processor (CPU)
AMD Ryzen 7 3800X Eight Core CPU (3.9GHz-4.5GHz/36MB CACHE/AM4)
Motherboard
ASUS® TUF X570-PLUS GAMING (USB 3.2 Gen 2, PCIe 4.0, CrossFireX) - ARGB Ready!
Memory (RAM)
16GB Corsair VENGEANCE RGB PRO DDR4 3200MHz (2 x 8GB)
Graphics Card
8GB AMD RADEON™ RX 5700 XT - HDMI, DP - DX® 12
1st Storage Drive
2TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA SATA-III 3.5" HDD, 6GB/s, 7200RPM, 256MB CACHE
1st M.2 SSD Drive
500GB SAMSUNG 970 EVO PLUS M.2, PCIe NVMe (up to 3500MB/R, 3200MB/W)
Power Supply
CORSAIR 650W TXm SERIES™ SEMI-MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
Power Cable
1 x 1 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Processor Cooling
PCS FrostFlow 240 Series RGB High Performance Liquid Cooler
Thermal Paste
STANDARD THERMAL PASTE FOR SUFFICIENT COOLING
Extra Case Fans
3x Corsair LL120 RGB LED Fan + Controller Kit
Sound Card
ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Wireless Network Card
WIRELESS INTEL® Wi-Fi 6 AX200 2,400Mbps/5GHz, 300Mbps/2.4GHz PCI-E CARD + BT 5.0
USB/Thunderbolt Options
MIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 2 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS

ShaWor

Bronze Level Poster
The pc is still making the same noises it seems louder just while doing nothing the game what I’m trying to use is way under the specs of my pc and it squeals at the game loading

AleTax

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
The pc is still making the same noises it seems louder just while doing nothing the game what I’m trying to use is way under the specs of my pc and it squeals at the game loading
As @sibun1 said, can you record the noises you hear? Maybe post a video with the glass panel removed :)

D

Deleted member 17413

The PCS liquid coolers are normally avoided in recommendations people make on the forums, they have a (bad) reputation.
It would probably be worth asking them to replace it with a coolermaster 240 lite, similar price and far more reliable. Although im told the pump head is a little noisey with those too.

For quieter/better you would be looking at a more premium model, like the Corsair ones like H100i/H115i RGB Plat (not listed atm) and the H115i Pro XT/Elite capillex models.,

Is that a fresh recording? The slight high pitched bit near start is possibly squeaky bearings in a fan, but the rumbly noise I would def say pump either very noisey or if its meant to be much quieter, something wrong with the rotors spinning in the pump.

Last edited by a moderator:

ShaWor

Bronze Level Poster
The PCS liquid coolers are normally avoided in recommendations people make on the forums, they have a (bad) reputation.
It would probably be worth asking them to replace it with a coolermaster 240 lite, similar price and far more reliable. Although im told the pump head is a little noisey with those too.

For quieter/better you would be looking at a more premium model, like the Corsair ones like H100i/H115i RGB Plat (not listed atm) and the H115i Pro XT/Elite capillex models.,
This pc was prebuilt next day delivery from them so I thought that it would be good as I’ve heard the pcs are a good company that doesn’t con people but to me they have sold a faulty pc and are refusing a refund even tho it’s broken

Ash_

Master Poster
Take a picture of the case side on, i want to see the radiator mount and position of the pump

D

Deleted member 17413

This pc was prebuilt next day delivery from them so I thought that it would be good as I’ve heard the pcs are a good company that doesn’t con people but to me they have sold a faulty pc and are refusing a refund even tho it’s broken
The first clip, with the high pitched whine could be bearing or perhaps some coil whine.
The second two you cant hear it, just the rumbling background noise which is sounding more and more like just a noisey pump head on the PCS cooler.

I cant hear a gurgle or grind type noise just low level rumble, so thats possibly just the pumps normal noise.
What are your temperatures like with your CPU? anything other than noise to suggest the cooler is playing up? If its working, its working (even if its noisey) so no, PCS wont refund it as faulty. How long have you had it? What warranty did you take?

ShaWor

Bronze Level Poster
The first clip, with the high pitched whine could be bearing or perhaps some coil whine.
The second two you cant hear it, just the rumbling background noise which is sounding more and more like just a noisey pump head on the PCS cooler.
I know what you are saying but they have said they have fixed it and tested it. to me it has come back louder even just background noise is higher it just really feels like a fucking big con to me

D

Deleted member 17413

I know what you are saying but they have said they have fixed it and tested it. to me it has come back louder even just background noise is higher it just really feels like a fucking big con to me
Its not a con, its a budget AIO cooler.... When you look at the coolermaster 240, its noisey as well, its only when you pay double or more that you start getting quiet and high performance ones.

D

Deleted member 17413

Can you do the pic like Ash asked? I think he's looking for the radiator positioning so can see what risk of trapped air etc.

ShaWor

Bronze Level Poster
But when they don’t say that to you and say they replaced it because they thought it was broken is not fair it also has come back louder than it went it that’s why I’m annoyed with them

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
You also have to account that a new AIO takes a few days to settle in and for the air to work it's way through the system so it's not in the pump. That's completely normal and expected.

We did recommend you requested an upgrade to it when you RMA'd it, there's a reason we don't recommend that cooler, it's extremely budget and not terribly good.

D

Deleted member 17413

If anything, the fact they sound different in volume is a sign it has been replaced, especially if the pump is generally noisey anyway.

ShaWor

Bronze Level Poster
You also have to account that a new AIO takes a few days to settle in and for the air to work it's way through the system so it's not in the pump. That's completely normal and expected.

We did recommend you requested an upgrade to it when you RMA'd it, there's a reason we don't recommend that cooler, it's extremely budget and not terribly good.
I did request they dident listen all I’m saying it has come back louder to me it’s 86days old I’ve not had it for 2/3 weeks due to the rma this pc was a prebuilt one it’s a fnatic pc so thought that it would be good I would of thought they would make better pcs with their good reputation but obviously not so I’m left with a pc what I can’t return and is louder than what I sent it to them

D

Deleted member 17413

86 days is still within the 3 months, i'd submit an RMA for it immediately and make sure you get the cooler changed this time, insist on it and pay for an upgraded one, the fact its gone back once already can be used to press the matter.

Phone them, be firm and polite but make it clear its an issue and not satisfactory performance/noise levels, and you want to change the cooler but willing to pay the excess.