PC won't boot - red light inside PC

Pleb

Silver Level Poster
My new PCS desktop will not boot up. It was working fine yesterday but today it just hangs at the first screen, where it says press DEL or F2 to go into BIOS setup, but it won't allow me to do anything. From what I can see inside the PC there's a red light I swear wasn't on before that is just continuously on.

Does anyone know might what be wrong and how I can fix this?

steaky360

If you cant get into the bios screen I'd try first to unplug the PC for a few minutes to ensure its powered down then try to plug it back in again.

Depending on what / where the red light is it might mean something, equally it could be nothing.

Pleb

Silver Level Poster
Okay I pulled the plug out, waited 30 seconds, put in back in and turned it on...

...Now Windows has started! Yay, I nearly cried I thought it was broken! Feel silly now though, thank you though steaky360! :wub:

steaky360

Glad it worked, that's the advanced version of "turning it off and turning it back on" for future reference :)

Pleb

Silver Level Poster
Yes feeling very embarrassed now... :oops:

I think I just panicked as I'd never seen the red light before and Googled it and it said it was a fault light and it made worried there was a serious issue. Still its been working fine ever since so fingers crossed it was nothing!