Pc wont start after turning it off.

Psmatt94

I'm currently encountering a problem with my pc. It's a month old. Whoever I turn it off and attempt to turn back on again it won't start. I have an ASUS ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING Motherboard and the LED stays orange/yellow. However, if I wait 40 minutes or hit the reset switch everything works perfectly fine. I just can't seem to turn it off and back on instantaneously. I've check the cpus and the ram sticks and they seem to be fine. I would appreciate any advice to troubleshoot this problem.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I'm currently encountering a problem with my pc. It's a month old. Whoever I turn it off and attempt to turn back on again it won't start. I have an ASUS ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING Motherboard and the LED stays orange/yellow. However, if I wait 40 minutes or hit the reset switch everything works perfectly fine. I just can't seem to turn it off and back on instantaneously. I've check the cpus and the ram sticks and they seem to be fine. I would appreciate any advice to troubleshoot this problem.
And when you say you've checked the CPU, what have you done there?

Psmatt94

The user manual says that colour indicates a RAM issue....what exactly have you done to check the RAM ie reseat them, remove one and restart, then the same with the other, MemTest overnight etc?

Though, if the light is more a green/yellow, then that indicates a boot issue which I have no clue about diagnosing
I've switched the ram in different places but to no avail. I've moved my gpu to a a different slot to. That's hasn't solved anything either. Just to clarify I am able to turn the pc on if I hit the reset switch (holding the power button) or wait around 40 minutes. I can't just instantly turn it on after turning it off.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Thermal paste? There still seems to be more on. But it is a little dry. I'm quite new to pc building so I'm not knowledgeable about this stuff. Would a lack of thermal paste effect performance?
without reapplying thermal paste after removing the cooler you will get thermal issues.

I'd stop where you are and book it in for RMA, you run the danger of damaging it further.

Psmatt94

without reapplying thermal paste after removing the cooler you will get thermal issues.

I'd stop where you are and book it in for RMA, you run the danger of damaging it further.
It seems to work fine when it's on. I'll stop now. Is the dog done for now that I wasn't careful with the thermal paste?