PC won't turn off. Light stays on

Hello,

I have a issue with my Lenovo C40-30 all in one PC. When I shutdown the PC the power light remains on, I assume it’s going into standby maybe? I then have to hold the power button to make the light go off.

Any suggestions?

I’ve updated and installed all windows updates

I’ve contacted Lenovo and done various BIOS updates etc but the problem still exists. Lenovo want me to send the computer to them but then state if it’s not Lenovos fault then they will charge me.

Surely this is some software issue that you amazing people can solve?

Thanks in advance

Rakk

The Awesome
Is it Win10?
Win10's shutdown seems to be some sort of hybrid sleep/hibernate type thing.
I know on my desktop when it shutdowns although it looks off (though my keyboard still stayed lit up - but my power light did not stay on) if I tapped my keyboard it would wake up - which was most annoying, there is a solution to that if it is the same thing.

The option is the Fast Start-up option - if you think it might be that, I can explain how to find said setting.

Is it Win10?
Win10's shutdown seems to be some sort of hybrid sleep/hibernate type thing.
I know on my desktop when it shutdowns although it looks off (though my keyboard still stayed lit up - but my power light did not stay on) if I tapped my keyboard it would wake up - which was most annoying, there is a solution to that if it is the same thing.

The option is the Fast Start-up option - if you think it might be that, I can explain how to find said setting.

Yes windows 10.

I've looked into the fast startup issue, I don't have it as an option under shutdown settings? I'm not sure if that's weird or not

Hello,

Thanks for the replies. Full factory reset was needed. I spoke to Lenovo and this is how they would have tackled the issue, so i just did it.

All ok now.