PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would help if you - and indeed anyone else who just wants to post a "here's my spec, stroke my ego" topic - could kindly label it as such in the opening post.

This way, sad forum members here won't feel a sense of moral obligation to ensure you get best value for your money, and could go sleep :)
Ty m8

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Rather than relying on Intel fanboys, who clearly don’t understand multithreaded applications, do your own research then.

But basically, your friends are going to reduce the lifespan of your system by a big margin, it’ll cost more and performance will reduce more over time due to the constant security mitigation’s that are having to be rolled out for intels poor architecture which they refuse to do anything about.

You are honestly one of the most ignorant people I have ever met.

You have 3 people trying to help you, and we are giving you advice that is the exact same, even though none of us have ever spoken directly before. Does that not prove that the information we are giving you is correct and valid at this date? You are spending more, for less. Why does that not seem clear to you?

Rather than relying on Intel fanboys, who clearly don’t understand multithreaded applications, do your own research then.

But basically, your friends are going to reduce the lifespan of your system by a big margin, it’ll cost more and performance will reduce more over time due to the constant security mitigation’s that are having to be rolled out for intels poor architecture which they refuse to do anything about.
I don't know much lmao my friends have been on PC for 2 years and from what I've gathered everyone has different opinions when it comes to just about everything regarding PCs. I've spent maybe 3 months choosing this build with help and prefer advice from people I know personally rather than people on forums no offence. Gaming performance is my main priority and being able to have a solid stream is 2nd for me. Also the person criticising my cooler and case choice is surely over the top lmao

You are honestly one of the most ignorant people I have ever met.

You have 3 people trying to help you, and we are giving you advice that is the exact same, even though none of us have ever spoken directly before. Does that not prove that the information we are giving you is correct and valid at this date? You are spending more, for less. Why does that not seem clear to you?
K.

I don't know much lmao my friends have been on PC for 2 years and from what I've gathered everyone has different opinions when it comes to just about everything regarding PCs. I've spent maybe 3 months choosing this build with help and prefer advice from people I know personally rather than people on forums no offence. Gaming performance is my main priority and being able to have a solid stream is 2nd for me. Also the person criticising my cooler and case choice is surely over the top lmao
You don't know much, exactly. Nor do your friends, apparently.

What we are saying is impartial, and fact. No opinions are involved. I have no reason to favor AMD, and I am pretty sure the other two aren't AMD shills either. AMD right now is the best in terms of gaming, and multi-threaded perf, and they are cheaper than the competition. Your cooler is quite bad tbh, and that isn't even opinion. Look the reviews up.

Instead of forking out an extra £100 for 2 extra cores than an R5 3600, why dont you get a better cooler on an i5 9400? Still has the Intel name, it can still satisfy your ego.

I have 2
You don't know much, exactly. Nor do your friends, apparently.

What we are saying is impartial, and fact. No opinions are involved. I have no reason to favor AMD, and I am pretty sure the other two aren't AMD shills either. AMD right now is the best in terms of gaming, and multi-threaded perf, and they are cheaper than the competition. Your cooler is quite bad tbh, and that isn't even opinion. Look the reviews up.

Instead of forking out an extra £100 for 2 extra cores than an R5 3600, why dont you get a better cooler on an i5 9400? Still has the Intel name, it can still satisfy your ego.
I have extra case fans and a liquid cooler what exactly is the problem with it?. I have no issue with AMD just don't want people crying that my build isn't good when I've posted it just to be able to show others lmao.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I’m going to lock this thread, OP has stated he’s not interested in further advice and I think we’ve said everything we need to.

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
Also the person criticising my cooler and case choice is surely over the top lmao
*sigh* If you take it as criticism, of course you will reject it out of hand.

It was more about suggesting that you can get more out of your hard-earned £. Your CPU isn't going to burst into flames with an H55. But the H100x is vastly better, not as loud, gives you more flexibility with fan curves, and is only £25 more. Or the Noctua cooler also outperforms the H55, and is much much quieter for little more £. Though fair enough the aesthetic is an acquired taste.

I'd even take the Cooler Master Liquid Lite 240 over the H55 (quieter, probably more effective than the H55) for the same price.

People here tend to see it as sensible to squeeze best value out of every last £, given how expensive PCs are and how infrequently people tend to buy them. I'll lock the thread now.

Edit: I see someone beat me to it - thanks. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.