PCS 24/7 Operation!

Agree or Disagree? xD

• Total voters

Music Guy123

Prolific Poster
Lol! Tbh, I'd love to do work experience with PCS, but I would never be able to find the time I don't think :( or the transport for that matter! But no, I don't think the answer to completing orders faster is more hours, I think it would be more manpower. So, basically, when PCS decide they have are getting enough orders to warrant another worker...they recruit someone. Not get an entire 2 more teams to do the night shift and the rest, you can't do it with two teams, you need three. It's a whole lot more people, certainly not worth it! Not to mention the fact prices would go up!

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
lol how on earth did you guys first get onto work experience and then oxford??? hahah

Because of the grubby students that responded...its because they are all under the illusion that "University" is a bit like "Work", and as such they are doing "Work Experience" for 3 years...bless 'em :D

Either that, or it may have started as a bit of Wozza bashing...can't tell for sure now, we are too far gone!

tom_gr7

Life Serving
Because of the grubby students that responded...its because they are all under the illusion that "University" is a bit like "Work", and as such they are doing "Work Experience" for 3 years...bless 'em :D

hang on a sec... I'm a uni student... but I cant think of a good reply... so erm erm....ah it doesnt matter...Get back on topic minions...

Wozza63

Biblical Poster

Either that, or it may have started as a bit of Wozza bashing...can't tell for sure now, we are too far gone!

Dear Older Folk,

Please stop telling us about how things were back in the day, a lot has changed since WW2 and your old stories are no longer relevant

Yours sincerely,
Wozza

Agito

Silver Level Poster
I saw through my package tracking that the pickup point was Leeds. Does that mean PCS is located somewhere around there? I'm moving to Bradford soon to study, I'd totally work weekends in Leeds. lol Also, I live in Northern Ireland at the minute which is to the North from Leeds, but the package went to Birmingham which is South. >_>

Adli

Enthusiast
I saw through my package tracking that the pickup point was Leeds. Does that mean PCS is located somewhere around there? I'm moving to Bradford soon to study, I'd totally work weekends in Leeds. lol Also, I live in Northern Ireland at the minute which is to the North from Leeds, but the package went to Birmingham which is South. >_>

its just the way DPD (the delivery service PCS use) operates. packages get taken to a depot in leeds, then go to the main hub in birmingham, then off to the local depot (eg: it was the Exeter depot for me) to await dispatch in the morning.

Agito

Silver Level Poster
Nevermind me, PCS is located ~15 miles from where I'll be living. Weekend work please. lol

Diem

Bronze Level Poster
Nevermind me, PCS is located ~15 miles from where I'll be living. Weekend work please. lol

That's until you get rig envy... as newer and cooler stuff comes online, how hard would it be putting them together and shipping them out, knowing you can't play on them yourself :sweatdrop:

Rakk

The Awesome
That's until you get rig envy... as newer and cooler stuff comes online, how hard would it be putting them together and shipping them out, knowing you can't play on them yourself :sweatdrop:
Well, except if he was just working on weekends anyways, when only the customer services section is open, he wouldn't be building/testing PC's at any rate, he'd be answering the phones :)

Agito

Silver Level Poster
Well, except if he was just working on weekends anyways, when only the customer services section is open, he wouldn't be building/testing PC's at any rate, he'd be answering the phones :)

Yeah done plenty of phone answering at my last job. The only difference was that I wasn't customer support, I was the control centre for the field teams. Sort of like second level management.

Akaoni21

Normally id say no but seeing as my PC just conked out after 6 months service tonight at 10:00 I think that 24/7 tech support would be a wonderful thing.

Its just annoying waiting isnt it?