PCS 24/7 Operation!

Agree or Disagree? xD

• Total voters

robhar130

Bronze Level Poster
Hey,

Just wondering what everyone's opinions are really - but I think PCS should be a 24/7 operational company, in terms of production! xD I mean, I love the weekend and all, but having a laptop in production, and having production stop on the weekend and resume during the weekdays is just an agonizing wait! :tt2:

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
I voted no, because I reckon they are doing a bang up job as is :)

Also, I am almost certain anyone caught voting HELL YEAH will face dire consequences and PCS might resort to sending "the boys round"... :D

robhar130

Bronze Level Poster
I agree! Perhaps I'm just too excited and impatient. The faster my laptop is put together, the faster it'll get to me! ;)

jonnytruckfest

Enthusiast
24/7 operation would mean more tired workers meaning more mistakes prone to happening = Unhappy customers & loss of business and unless deamed profitable hiring more staff to do the job its not something PCS would do. So in the words of that woman on dragons den....Im out! :p

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
I guess hiring a few evening/night staff would be a nice idea as i imagine quite a few students would be interested in something like that (like myself), but it would cost a lot more money and would probably mean extra security staff etc

robhar130

Bronze Level Poster
Nah, the waiting is standard really - the amount of orders they receive a week, aswell as returns plus admin stuff, such as phone calls and online support etc.. they must be constantly working hard to process everything!

Ah well, I tried.. xD Atleast the folks will appreciate the support behind them when they review this thread on Monday. :D

dangro474

Bright Spark
Apart from the obvious reasons, I disagree because:

1) My current job has no defined hours and it has more or less become my entire life
2) They're doing an excellent job witht heir current hours.

tom_gr7

Life Serving
In my opinion that would mean extra manpower for a 3 shift rotation system...which would obviously cost, in turn end up costing the buyer more...unless PCS sold more units to cover the cost, however, I have no knowledge of business or how PCS run their company.

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
I guess hiring a few evening/night staff would be a nice idea as i imagine quite a few students would be interested in something like that (like myself), but it would cost a lot more money and would probably mean extra security staff etc

Adding to this, I'd happily do something like this for free, because its very difficult to get a job as a student and something like this would be good for my CV

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
Adding to this, I'd happily do something like this for free, because its very difficult to get a job as a student and something like this would be good for my CV

Yeh, thats what I want...my 1000 squid PC being built/QCed by an unpaid student... :D

tom_gr7

Life Serving

lol wozza you live in London right? PCS is in yorkshire? I think your transport costs are gonna be a tad expensive...

robhar130

Bronze Level Poster
lol wozza you live in London right? PCS is in yorkshire? I think your transport costs are gonna be a tad expensive...

He could always live in the stores room for a couple of months and live off tea and biscuits from the main office? xD ..Students are used to that type of "diet" ;)

Last edited:

Wozza63

Biblical Poster

no i would appreciate the oppurtunity in my area if it came about, and I imagine there would be students in that area that would appreciate the offer

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
no i would appreciate the oppurtunity in my area if it came about, and I imagine there would be students in that area that would appreciate the offer

I swear this was about the possibility (albeit unlikely :) ) of PCS offering 24/7 service (support/building), not give layabout students jobs :D

Wozza, have you considered becoming a full-time forum poster? I reckon you could even do a degree in it these days... :D

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
I swear this was about the possibility (albeit unlikely :) ) of PCS offering 24/7 service (support/building), not give layabout students jobs :D

Wozza, have you considered becoming a full-time forum poster? I reckon you could even do a degree in it these days... :D

I looked it up on every university website, sadly no forum posting degree