PCS 6003B BLACK CASE - How to change PSU

PH88

Hi all,

Sorry for a very silly question, but I have a PCS 6003B case/computer and I will be upgrading the PSU from 350w to 750w to power my new 2070 RTX card. But looking at the PSU, it appears to be within a black metal enclosure so not sure how i would get to it to change it.

Are there any guides on how to do this? is there a trick to this?

Sorry if it's a dumb question!

Attachments

• 20200716_153554.jpg
    20200716_153554.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 927

Grumpywurzel

Bright Spark
I would remove the side covers and hopefully there will be some screws hidden that allows you to remove the shroud/access cover. Normally there will be four screws at the back holding the PSU in place too

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I would remove the side covers and hopefully there will be some screws hidden that allows you to remove the shroud/access cover. Normally there will be four screws at the back holding the PSU in place too
@Grumpywurzel has it exactly right, the "shroud" that's covering the PSU should come out exposing the PSU so you can work on it. You may have to remove both side panels to detach it properly.

moosEh

Administrator
Staff member
Hi all,

Sorry for a very silly question, but I have a PCS 6003B case/computer and I will be upgrading the PSU from 350w to 750w to power my new 2070 RTX card. But looking at the PSU, it appears to be within a black metal enclosure so not sure how i would get to it to change it.

Are there any guides on how to do this? is there a trick to this?

Sorry if it's a dumb question!

Hey that doesn't look like the 6003B, that looks more like the Spectrum, although I cannot be sure without more pictures.

If it is a spectrum, to remove the PSU you would need to unscrew it and slide it through the other case side as the shroud is open on that side.