PCS Build Times

JSanderson99

Bronze Level Poster
this is most likely me just being impatient but I ordered my pc on the 29th of august and its still on pre production 9th working day today. I understand they have plenty of other orders but considering this is what they are supposed to be doing I feels a bit slow, especially when their build warehouse is massive with lots of employees working on the builds as shown on their YouTube channel.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
9 days in pre-production is actually not long at all. Their facility is impressive but so is their order book! My last PC from PCS (ordered earlier this year) took 16 days from order to dispatch and I would suggest that this is a much more realistic timescale.

You'll find that when it moves into build it will be dispatched only two days later. Pre-production is where all builds spend 90% of their time. :)

tommum

im on 16th day too, I check it like 3 times a day just hoping it hurry ups lmao.

Glad I am not the only one at least!

I was told I should expect it to be built in the next few days and then posted out later in the week...

Jamesdore

I got in touch with pcs and mine being estimated built date is 20th september and I ordered mine on 23rd August.

ArkHazy

this is most likely me just being impatient but I ordered my pc on the 29th of august and its still on pre production 9th working day today. I understand they have plenty of other orders but considering this is what they are supposed to be doing I feels a bit slow, especially when their build warehouse is massive with lots of employees working on the builds as shown on their YouTube channel.

I am on working day 21 Pre production for a desktop, their internal wait times are inaccurate, I've been told "this week" "next week" twice now. At this point I think it unlikely before 25 working days. Prepare to wait...

JSanderson99

Bronze Level Poster
Agreed, 13th working day and still pre production. Now at the build times i wished i just ordered the parts myself and did it myself ����

JSanderson99

Bronze Level Poster
Like, building a pc takes like what, 2 hours from having all the parts? Not a week, what is it? Cpu to motherboard day one? Motherboard in case day 2? Hard drive installed day 3? Its pretty stupid in my opinion, too slow

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Like, building a pc takes like what, 2 hours from having all the parts? Not a week, what is it? Cpu to motherboard day one? Motherboard in case day 2? Hard drive installed day 3? Its pretty stupid in my opinion, too slow

The build takes no time at all, the testing takes 24 hours, the main wait is the queue to have it built. Stop being so impatient, just accept it's going to take some time.

Rakk

The Awesome

You are correct, building doesn't take very long, however you are unfortunately still in pre-production which basically is the big queue before getting to building, once it gets to building its normally very quick to get to dispatch (eg. presuming no testing failures, if an order gets to build on a Monday then normally (if not overclocked) they seem to be dispatched on the Tuesday).
Edit: I started this before SpyderTracks posts was there, I got distracted mid post, oops

Last edited:

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor

Sadly you are not PCS's only customer and what's pretty stupid in my opinion is you thinking that you are.....

keynes

Multiverse Poster

As you mentioned you have the choice to order the parts yourself and do it. You may also have fast track available.

JSanderson99

Bronze Level Poster
@SpyderTracks @Rakk @ubuysa well I'm not really impatient, because when I ordered the pc I asked PCS when it would be shipped on average and they said the 15th and yet it hasn't even started build yet, their build times are inaccurate.

@ubuysa shut ya mouth scrub, if their build times were accurate as followed I wouldn't have to complain, like the guy on page one who was told its being shipped one week, then changed to the next, then still waiting for it. and yeah obviously I know I'm not their only customer, well done you figured that out, want a medal?

Tony1044

Prolific Poster
Sadly, if the posts over the last few weeks are anything to go by, PCS' build times are stretching ever further out.

Bit harsh, Ubuysa...

JustNatsu

I ordered mine at a similar date to yourself. After my 14th day of preproduction I contact them for an estimated date. They said it would begin being built on the 20th. To my surprise they started it earlier as you can see below from my own process it was just a waiting game and as soon as it hit the building stage it went very quickly.

Processed Date: 25-08-2017

Pre-Production Date: 29-08-2017

Build Date: 14-09-2017

Test Date: 14-09-2017

QC Date: 15-09-2017

Awaiting Dispatch Date: 15-09-2017

Dispatch Date: 15-09-2017