PCS DayZ Server Possible?

Keenhail

Gold Level Poster
I know there is at least several threads here on the first page regarding DayZ, but I figured this would be better as its own thread.

I know a few of us recently have picked up ARMA II and the DayZ mod, Quite frankly I didn't really see what all the hubbub was about until my friend purchased it for me last night as he was tired of playing alone. After getting it installed and patched which was kinda simple but just took a while I soon found out how hard it is to end up in the same game with your friend, we spent the better part of 20 minutes trying to find the same sever and eventually chose a veteran difficulty Danish server because it was the only one we could both see

So thats when it struck me, With so many PCS users playing DayZ would it be possible for you guys to set a server? I wanted to get my own server but at £50 p/m its to steep.

What do you guys think, can we get enough support to get a PCS server going on DayZ?

liamnic2

Super Star
In. It would have been a good idea that the more a server is played the cheaper or longer open the server becomes.

Last edited:

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
I think one issue is that this is still an Alpha game, so any commitment to a server is possibly hard to justify. Not saying it isn't a good idea, it is and would be really cool, but just a thought :)

Drunken Monkey

Author Level
I think one issue is that this is still an Alpha game, so any commitment to a server is possibly hard to justify. Not saying it isn't a good idea, it is and would be really cool, but just a thought :)

plus with war z only round the corner, i think most of us will jump ship.... even the ones that are die hard fans cough YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE cough... and wozza

party/friends system.... and it sounds a lot more fun :p

Agito

Silver Level Poster
Besides, ArmA 2 isnt far away and I think DayZ will be rewritten for that. At least those are the speculations on the official forums. However, +1 for the server. Though I'd wait for ArmA 2 to come out.

Jiyuu

Silver Level Poster
Besides, ArmA 2 isnt far away and I think DayZ will be rewritten for that. At least those are the speculations on the official forums. However, +1 for the server. Though I'd wait for ArmA 2 to come out.
Shhh! It hasn't been officially released yet. It's still being tested by the cool kids; the peasants won't be getting their hands on it for a while!

Keenhail

Gold Level Poster

Think he is referring to ArmA III

Keenhail

Gold Level Poster
If PCS have a server machine then you can apply for a server free of charge here @ http://support.dayzmod.com/

Rocket wont give DayZ servers to people if they dont have server machines as a normal pc desktop wont be able to handle the server load or something. So yeah if one of the staff here at PCS could tell me if you got a server then at least we can try maybe get a PCS server, that's the only way I see us getting one for free

Agito

Silver Level Poster
Epic typo above there. Apologies. lol I totally meant ArmA 3. Thats what I get for making secret posts on forums at work while trying to hide from my manager. Also, working Saturdays sucks, just putting this out.