PCS FrostFlow 120 Series RGB High Performance Liquid Cooler help please

Bren

managed to install the cooler but the fan isnt spinning, im not sure if ive plugged it in, in the wrong spot or what, but when i went to go install the plug for the fan i noticed a pin wasnt even there so i had 3 pins instead of 4, im not sure if i did the damage or what so im gonna take responsibility for it so lets say its in the correct spot would that mean i gotta upgrade the mobo?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Sorry in useless xD yeah motherboard is still the same
Can I just ask, did you not order with that cooler then, is this an upgrade that you're installing yourself?

What header did you plug the CPU fan into on the motherboard?

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Can I just ask, did you not order with that cooler then, is this an upgrade that you're installing yourself?

@SpyderTracks , looking at the spec he posted it is an upgrade

Bren

What header did you plug the CPU fan into on the motherboard?
Yeah it's an upgrade which was done by myself... sorry for the late reply, the cooler switches on and it gets light etc but the fan nothing, urm my description might be rubbish but top right corner i believe it's called stc fan 2 or something xDwhere like the top fans goes but just as I was going to actually plug it in I realised its only 3 pins instead of 4 as one snapped dunno when but I'm guessing I some how managed that🤣

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Yeah it's an upgrade which was done by myself... sorry for the late reply, the cooler switches on and it gets light etc but the fan nothing, urm my description might be rubbish but top right corner i believe it's called stc fan 2 or something xDwhere like the top fans goes but just as I was going to actually plug it in I realised its only 3 pins instead of 4 as one snapped dunno when but I'm guessing I some how managed that🤣
If the pin has snapped you'd need to get a replacement.

And also, did you repaste the CPU?

Bren

If the pin has snapped you'd need to get a replacement.

And also, did you repaste the CPU?
Thank you very much for your help, I was looking at upgrading the mobo anyway so that kinda now makes me do it anyway xD, yeah thankfully got alot of paste here so I don't think I'll run out any time soon xD also watched a video you may know the answer compared to me, can I say switch one one of the headers for one of the fans eith one that's plugged in the cpu and the one that's plugged into the cpu then plug that into the header that says mobo rgb instead of cpu rgb? Like last time I'm rubbish at explaining so if you need pics I can put them in later for you when I go for round 2 xD

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Thank you very much for your help, I was looking at upgrading the mobo anyway so that kinda now makes me do it anyway xD, yeah thankfully got alot of paste here so I don't think I'll run out any time soon xD also watched a video you may know the answer compared to me, can I say switch one one of the headers for one of the fans eith one that's plugged in the cpu and the one that's plugged into the cpu then plug that into the header that says mobo rgb instead of cpu rgb? Like last time I'm rubbish at explaining so if you need pics I can put them in later for you when I go for round 2 xD
No, as they have different operations and limits. CPU fan has to be in CPU_Fan

Bren

No, as they have different operations and limits. CPU fan has to be in CPU_Fan
Yeah thought so cause after I noticed that I asked my friend who works in a computer shop and he said that but I didnt try it but im glad I came here, have to wait for my phone to charge but you may know the answer saves me calling can I get say a new mobo from here as I got the pc from here anyway then just send my PC in to them cause I'm taking responsibility for what happened anyway as I was fiddling around near it so I could have broken it without knowing xD

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Yeah thought so cause after I noticed that I asked my friend who works in a computer shop and he said that but I didnt try it but im glad I came here, have to wait for my phone to charge but you may know the answer saves me calling can I get say a new mobo from here as I got the pc from here anyway then just send my PC in to them cause I'm taking responsibility for what happened anyway as I was fiddling around near it so I could have broken it without knowing xD
You’d need to do an RMA for the computer, you can do this through your main PCS account. It won’t be covered by warranty as you caused the damage though so you’d have to pay.

Bren

You’d need to do an RMA for the computer, you can do this through your main PCS account. It won’t be covered by warranty as you caused the damage though so you’d have to pay.
Ahh I see I didnt realise I could do that I just thought that was for damage that was caused by shipping etc, oh yeah I'm fully happy to pay etc as it's like 4 months old and I've put a few things in since then so I've most likely broken it but I have been looking at upgrading the mobo anyway so I may aswell upgrade the case aswell if that's something they allow xD

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Ahh I see I didnt realise I could do that I just thought that was for damage that was caused by shipping etc, oh yeah I'm fully happy to pay etc as it's like 4 months old and I've put a few things in since then so I've most likely broken it but I have been looking at upgrading the mobo anyway so I may aswell upgrade the case aswell if that's something they allow xD
They won’t do a case upgrade I don’t think as it’s a full rebuild.