PCS FROSTFLOW 150 CPU COOLER - How Good Or Bad Is It?.

Katvena

PCS FROSTFLOW 150 CPU COOLER i Cant Find Any Info on The Web oN It.​

I need to know how fast the fans spin on it.

Is It better or worst than COOLER MASTER HYPER 212 BLACK EDITION?.

Citrus_9

Expert
I'm not sure but I'm still adamant that Cooler Master is better. I guess someone will jump in with a more assuring opinion. Either way, you may drop PCS an email and ask about Frostflow some specs.

longdog42

Bronze Level Poster
It should be a rebranded cooler, you can try asking them for the manufacturer/model number and look up reviews on it, which should yield more information

Katvena

I just send PCS a email asking for the manufacturer/model number and how fast the fans spin.

I will let you all know what PCS says about it when i get there email back.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I just send PCS a email asking for the manufacturer/model number and how fast the fans spin.

I will let you all know what PCS says about it when i get there email back.
Rather than asking advice on individual components, I'd strongly recommend getting advice on the build as a whole as all components rely on the others within the build.

We would never recommend the PCS branded coolers, they're not much better than stock.

The Coolermaster would be the lowest we'd go other than stock.

Katvena

PCS sent me a email saying this.

This message is just for your peace of mind to say that we have received your email and it will be looked into by our Support team as efficiently as possible.

We aim to respond to all correspondence within 4 – 5 days, we would like to make you aware that during busier periods this process can take longer than we would like. During this period, we ask if you would kindly not send in chaser emails as this saturates the Inbox and can cause unnecessary delays to our response time

PCS sent me a email saying this.

This message is just for your peace of mind to say that we have received your email and it will be looked into by our Support team as efficiently as possible.

We aim to respond to all correspondence within 4 – 5 days, we would like to make you aware that during busier periods this process can take longer than we would like. During this period, we ask if you would kindly not send in chaser emails as this saturates the Inbox and can cause unnecessary delays to our response time
Thats their automated email acknowledging your email, someone will get you a few days

KiLLJoY

1613489073269.png

NoddyPirate

Grand Master
i think the aio's are ID cooling so id imagine that is too
Ah super - that's what I was quietly looking for - the Frostflow 100 then seems to be the SE-224-XT from ID Cooling also. Every single detail appears to be identical. Thanks @KiLLJoY !

All reviews I can find seem to be favourable overall - not as good as Noctua or similarly regarded brands and models (no surprise there of course) but notably better than stock coolers as I figured they might be.

Almost every cooler out there you buy is not actually made by the Company with their name on it. The majority order OEM parts and request their own specifications to the standard design. PCS are doing the same here no doubt - without any modifications at all I expect - as an entry level upgrade from stock cooling - which to my eye is exactly where it is pitched and priced.

JUNI0R

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR

PCS FROSTFLOW 150 CPU COOLER i Cant Find Any Info on The Web oN It.​

I need to know how fast the fans spin on it.

Is It better or worst than COOLER MASTER HYPER 212 BLACK EDITION?.

The PCS Coolers generally aren't recommended as you can probably tell. The Hyper 212 will do a good job, it's what I have on my i7-8700 and I get mid to high 60 degress on games which is a decent temp under load.

I can also tell by your interest in the 212 that you're speccing an Intel system (unless it's an old system upgrade). For that reason, I'd also highly suggest that you get your full spec looked at in the Check Your Spec thread if you haven't already to make sure you're getting the best build for your money as generally Intel is not recommended these days and you'll get a way better performer with an AMD CPU

NoddyPirate

Grand Master
I'd agree about AMD vs Intel.

I'm probably being subconsciously awkward here - in order to justify my own choices - so I apologise for the equine cadaver abuse. Reviews and tests are massively prone to error and statistical inaccuracy - but for the fun of it, here is one relatively detailed one where the ID Cooling SE-224-XT beats the Hyper 212 by a couple of degrees.

Se-224-XT Review

The SE-225-XT naturally performs better than 224 in multiple other reviews.

Hopefully everyone here knows me well enough to know I wouldn't intend to offend or cause trouble - but just saying the PCS coolers are - variably - worse than stock or no better than stock cooling - without objective data or reasoning - just doesn't make it so.

I'm eager to be corrected and educated as always.

JUNI0R

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I'd agree about AMD vs Intel.

I'm probably being subconsciously awkward here - in order to justify my own choices - so I apologise for the equine cadaver abuse. Reviews and tests are massively prone to error and statistical inaccuracy - but for the fun of it, here is one relatively detailed one where the ID Cooling SE-224-XT beats the Hyper 212 by a couple of degrees.

Se-224-XT Review

The SE-225-XT naturally performs better than 224 in multiple other reviews.

Hopefully everyone here knows me well enough to know I wouldn't intend to offend or cause trouble - but just saying the PCS coolers are - variably - worse than stock or no better than stock cooling - without objective data or reasoning - just doesn't make it so.

I'm eager to be corrected and educated as always.
I'm actually unsure if the cooler being talked about here is the same as the PCS one. Looking at the ends of the heatpipes they look minorly different, although I'm sure it will do a very similar job.

It doesn't look like a bad cooler honestly and I'm sure it's not as bad as everyone says it is, (unless people have proof of it being so) but we DO know the 212 will do a good job (as we can see through testing) and will most likely last longer as it's from a well respected name brand. To me it seems evident that it would be a better option to SAVE £3 and go for the cooler that we know will work well compared to the cooler we realisitcally know nothing about

Also side note: On a site that shall remain nameless the non black editon of the 212 cooler is literally one of the most popular cooler among hundreds of options where thousands of people build their own PC's

NoddyPirate

Grand Master
I'm actually unsure if the cooler being talked about here is the same as the PCS one. Looking at the ends of the heatpipes they look minorly different, although I'm sure it will do a very similar job.

It doesn't look like a bad cooler honestly and I'm sure it's not as bad as everyone says it is, (unless people have proof of it being so) but we DO know the 212 will do a good job (as we can see through testing) and will most likely last longer as it's from a well respected name brand. To me it seems evident that it would be a better option to SAVE £3 and go for the cooler that we know will work well compared to the cooler we realisitcally know nothing about

Also side note: On a site that shall remain nameless the non black editon of the cooler is literally one of the most popular cooler among hundreds of options where thousands of people build their own PC's
Yes fair assessment Junior. I didn’t intend to sound as though I was questioning your option at all as it’s a reasonable one. I’m just saying a phase change cooler would have to be really badly designed and built to be worse than a stock metal block cooler.

Last edited:

JUNI0R

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Yes fair assessment Junior. I didn’t intend to sound as though I was questioning your option at all as it’s a reasonable one. I’m just saying a phase change cooler would have to be really badly designed and built to be worse than a stick metal block cooler.
All good, the only part of my message that was directly in response to you was being unsure if it's the same cooler as the PCS one (probably should've edited your quoted post to only include that bit). Otherwise I was just adding extra comments!

Katvena

The PCS Coolers generally aren't recommended as you can probably tell. The Hyper 212 will do a good job, it's what I have on my i7-8700 and I get mid to high 60 degress on games which is a decent temp under load.

I can also tell by your interest in the 212 that you're speccing an Intel system (unless it's an old system upgrade). For that reason, I'd also highly suggest that you get your full spec looked at in the Check Your Spec thread if you haven't already to make sure you're getting the best build for your money as generally Intel is not recommended these days and you'll get a way better performer with an AMD CPU
Yes I want a Intel system, because the PC i am using right now is not doing to good at all, because I getting the BSD when I play my AAA games on it, but smaller less CPU taxing game i got play fine.

My CPU is Over Clocked by PCS over 3 years ago and It was not having problems, but now I am. I tried cleaning my PC and it did not work. My PC need to go to a repair shop, but all shops but shops that sell food are closed.

I don't have a TV and my 9 years laptop just died on me as well.

I don't work because of heath problems and I live on my own and my PC is my lifeline and I need another working PC so I can play my AAA games on.

JUNI0R

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
@Katvena I am sorry to hear of your situation, but I am still a little confused.

If you are looking for a CPU cooler upgrade on an overclocked intel CPU, I'd recommend you might need something more than the Hyper 212. Posting your full specs would help us work out what upgrades we'd recommend most and if the Hyper 212 will indeed be enough. Also, unless you've done tests and made sure it's a CPU temp issue, it might be worth going through some troubleshooting and tests to make sure that is infact the problem.

If you are looking to build a new PC, as I said before, I'd recommend going for an AMD processor as they currently perform much better than Intel