PCS HDMI cable

purplewakanda

Gold Level Poster
I think there is an issue with the PCS HDMI cable. My Samsung TV cannot detect the PC. Should I contact sales support?

steaky360

By the PCS HDMI cable I assume you mean the one you got with your PC?

Are you sure its the cable? Does the PC work on any other display (monitor/other TVs/etc.)

purplewakanda

Gold Level Poster
By the PCS HDMI cable I assume you mean the one you got with your PC?

Are you sure its the cable? Does the PC work on any other display (monitor/other TVs/etc.)
Yes, the one I got with my PC. I tried with an older monitor and it seems to work. My TV is 4K. I think they've provided the old version. I tried another HDMI cable that I have and it seems to work with the TV. It seems like a rip-off paying 10 EUR for an older version. I won't have added it on if they were not providing the new version.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
If it's the one I think it is, it's listed as V1.4. V2 is the latest standard (Unsure if it's 2.2 or 2.4 or whatever though). It's stated in the info for the part you ordered though so it's not a mis-sell.

If you aren't happy with it get in touch with PCS and they may try to resolve. I appreciate your frustration but when communicating with PCS I would go in from the perspective of not having done your own due diligence rather than PCS trying to con you. You'll always get more bees with Honey and PCS always want their customers happy.

purplewakanda

Gold Level Poster
If it's the one I think it is, it's listed as V1.4. V2 is the latest standard (Unsure if it's 2.2 or 2.4 or whatever though). It's stated in the info for the part you ordered though so it's not a mis-sell.

If you aren't happy with it get in touch with PCS and they may try to resolve. I appreciate your frustration but when communicating with PCS I would go in from the perspective of not having done your own due diligence rather than PCS trying to con you. You'll always get more bees with Honey and PCS always want their customers happy.
Thank you. I checked what's printed on the cable it's VW-1. But my order says it's 1 x 2 METRE GOLD PLATED V1.4 HDMI CABLE.

purplewakanda

Gold Level Poster
Not sure the two are connected in any way, VW1 is likely just the part number, nothing to do with what kind of cable it is.
Thanks. I checked the online forums for help and it's mentioned that older version cables don't work with the TV. That's when I swapped the with the HDMI I had and it worked. I'll try checking with PCS tomorrow what is the exact issue.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
V1.4 is an older standard. It supports 4k but only up to 30hz iirc. You need hdmiv2.0+ for 4k 60hz.

My point is that it's advertised as the older 1.4 standard so not mis sold.

purplewakanda

Gold Level Poster
V1.4 is an older standard. It supports 4k but only up to 30hz iirc. You need hdmiv2.0+ for 4k 60hz.

My point is that it's advertised as the older 1.4 standard so not mis sold.
I see. That's disappointing when their core customers are gamers they sell cables that only support to 30Hz.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I see. That's disappointing when their core customers are gamers they sell cables that only support to 30Hz.
They do sell compatible cables for what you require, you just need to know what HDMI version you require for the monitor / TV that you’re using.

Gamers generally don’t use HDMI anyway, on any gaming monitor you’d use DP.

HDMI is really only for TVs and connecting to audio systems, it’s far less capable than DP

Plus GSync only works over DisplayPort.

Last edited:

purplewakanda

Gold Level Poster
They do sell compatible cables for what you require, you just need to know what HDMI version you require for the monitor / TV that you’re using.

Gamers generally don’t use HDMI anyway, on any gaming monitor you’d use DP.

HDMI is really only for TVs and connecting to audio systems, it’s far less capable than DP

Plus GSync only works over DisplayPort.
Does it make a difference to have DP to HDMI (vs HDMI to HDMI)?