PCS HDMI cable

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
It’s not very good. The G5 is the cheapest gaming monitor available currently that’s worth it.

It’s up to you obviously, but the monitor is the final display of the PC, you could have a £5000 pc with a £100 1080p 60hz monitor and you’d only see 1080p 60hz.

The screen dictates your experience. I’d strongly recommend saving up for a bit, the G5 is an excellent entry level monitor.

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
LG don’t have gsync, they’re freesync.GSync compatible means it’s freesync that’s been ruled good enough by nVidia to be named gsync compatible. It’s just a marketing gimmick.
Just in case Purplewakanda doesn't know, and I'm really not trying to confuse the issue as the G5 is an excellent monitor, there are 'levels' to G-Sync and Freesync.

My LG 27GL850-B is G-Sync Compatible (via Displayport only) and Freesync...of course this isn't true G-Sync / G-Sync Ultimate, but it all shows up in the N-Vidia control panel...and wasn't £1000 ;)

FreeSyncFreeSync PremiumFreeSync Premium ProG-SyncG-Sync UltimateG-Sync Compatible
No price premiumNo price premiumNo price premiumHDR and extended color supportRefresh rates of 144 Hz and higherValidated for artifact-free performance
Refresh rates of 60 Hz and higherRefresh rates of 120 Hz and higherRefresh rates of 120 Hz and higherFrame-doubling below 30 Hz to ensure Adaptive-Sync at all frame ratesFactory-calibrated accurate SDR (sRGB) and HDR color (P3) gamut supportMany G-Sync Compatible monitors can also run FreeSync
Many FreeSync monitors can also run G-SyncLow Framerate Compensation (LFC)HDR and extended color supportUltra-low motion blur"Lifelike" HDR support
May have HDR supportMay have HDR support (Many FreeSync Premium monitors can also run G-Sync with HDR)Low Framerate Compensation (LFC)Variable LCD overdrive
No specified peak output, but most will deliver at least 600 nitsOptimized latency
Many FreeSync Premium Pro monitors can also run G-Sync with HDR

purplewakanda

Gold Level Poster
Have you received your PC? It may be worthwhile lowering the GPU and saving the money if you haven't.
When I tried my partner's Oculus Rift on my PC, it kept showing a message that specs are low to run VR. I'm wondering why that's the case? His PC has a lower spec than mine but he doesn't get that message.

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
When I tried my partner's Oculus Rift on my PC, it kept showing a message that specs are low to run VR. I'm wondering why that's the case? His PC has a lower spec than mine but he doesn't get that message.
That's a weird one, you're definitely plugging it into the GPU?

Rakk

The Awesome
Yes. It has a DP cable and USB. DP is plugged into the GPU.
If its the original Oculus Rift then I think it actually had issues with DP and its much better to use with HDMI - and yes I did put a fair amount of research into it at the time cos I have the Rift and didn't want to use my only HDMI port for it (I had no DP monitors at the time), but I had to in the end cos I think it just didn't really like DP.
You may want to Google it though, things may have changed, I may be misremembering and if it may have just been one exact model of Rift i dont know

purplewakanda

Gold Level Poster
If its the original Oculus Rift then I think it actually had issues with DP and its much better to use with HDMI - and yes I did put a fair amount of research into it at the time cos I have the Rift and didn't want to use my only HDMI port for it (I had no DP monitors at the time), but I had to in the end cos I think it just didn't really like DP.
You may want to Google it though, things may have changed, I may be misremembering and if it may have just been one exact model of Rift i dont know
https://forums.oculusvr.com/t5/General/Computer-does-not-meet-minimum-specifications/td-p/822690
They suggest ignoring the warning