PCS Should make these changes on the configurator

techguyone

Silver Level Poster
1. If a motherboard has Wi-Fi Compatibility, stop adding a Wi-Fi card onto the configuration - it makes you look like you're ripping people off.

2. If an AIO is ordered, for example one of the Corsair ones where they supply good quality thermal paste, remove the option to specify the same on the configurator, OR at least let customers KNOW it will come with the good thermal paste so you don't spend money ordering some when you don't need to.

Little things like this, would go a fair way to stopping you looking like you're scamming people.

I know the £ values are not big, but it's not a good look and can be easily fixed.

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
To be fair, you do get a warning if you try to proceed with a WiFi enabled motherboard and a wireless card…

78F233DC-0C9E-41C5-891C-0D2E8D671962.jpeg

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
1. If a motherboard has Wi-Fi Compatibility, stop adding a Wi-Fi card onto the configuration - it makes you look like you're ripping people off.

2. If an AIO is ordered, for example one of the Corsair ones where they supply good quality thermal paste, remove the option to specify the same on the configurator, OR at least let customers KNOW it will come with the good thermal paste so you don't spend money ordering some when you don't need to.

Little things like this, would go a fair way to stopping you looking like you're scamming people.

I know the £ values are not big, but it's not a good look and can be easily fixed.
It's not ok to accuse PCS of scamming people.

The customer is fully expected to know what they're ordering, and if they aren't familiar with hardware, then they need to get advice from PCS or the forum.

DarTon

What PCS do need to do is add an option for a third and, possibly, fourth M2 SSD for the Intel builds since those most boards are now capable of supporting those. I'm sure AMD will follow when AM5 boards come out later this year. Instead we have up to 4 options for SATA SDD and HDDs but, honestly, that will be less and less common.

techguyone

Silver Level Poster
It's not ok to accuse PCS of scamming people.

The customer is fully expected to know what they're ordering, and if they aren't familiar with hardware, then they need to get advice from PCS or the forum.
I'm not accusing PCS of scamming, I'm saying it's not a good look, hardly anything to warrant an official mod pm warning for.... Jeeze seriously?

Would it really be beyond getting PCS to add a line in the product description for the AIO's to include 'this product comes with high quality thermal paste' that's like 1 line.

To extrapolate, if like me, you ordered a high end AIO AND the super thermal paste, which one gets used? what happens to the one that's not used. It's an (albeit low cost) expense that needn't apply, and I don't know how the average joe is expected to know that the AIO's come with high quality paste as it's not mentioned anywhere.

Not a good look, and one easily rectified.

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
To extrapolate, if like me, you ordered a high end AIO AND the super thermal paste, which one gets used? what happens to the one that's not used. It's an (albeit low cost) expense that needn't apply, and I don't know how the average joe is expected to know that the AIO's come with high quality paste as it's not mentioned anywhere.
if you order the different paste they remove the high quality paste which is pre applied by corsair and apply what you have ordered, it's up to you do your research

techguyone

Silver Level Poster
So... why not include that fact on the information blurb, it's literally 8 words.

The last 4 PC's I have ordered have all had needlessly got the high quality paste because of this omission. I get the 'do your own research' thing but I don't ever recall seeing on any review on those things anything about thermal paste being included.

It's a simple fix, it's just an idea to include it, it hurts no one, and it might help people save a few pounds, I'm struggling to see the resistance to be honest.

Rakk

The Awesome
So... why not include that fact on the information blurb, it's literally 8 words.
You also have to remember that too much information can actually add to confusion - and if all bits of information were on the configurator or warning text then there would just be a humungous wall of text.
ie it may be a case include what is really necessary to be said - space is limited if you want it to be actually read
Obviously this is just my opinion

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo

The last 4 PC's I have ordered have all had needlessly got the high quality paste because of this omission. I get the 'do your own research' thing but I don't ever recall seeing on any review on those things anything about thermal paste being included.

It's a simple fix, it's just an idea to include it, it hurts no one, and it might help people save a few pounds, I'm struggling to see the resistance to be honest.

All coolers come with thermal compound pre-applied. It's not something that isn't known.

PCS don't specify forum opinions on the descriptions of their parts. There is no direct way of referencing that Corsair Coolers come with "High quality paste" as standard, it's just known to us through our experience and through us reading reviews from external sources.

I don't think you will find any official information in relation to the quality of the paste on Corsair coolers, or any direct comparison to that on other coolers in the lineup.

So.... with that in mind..... hindsight is 20/20. You live and you learn.

I would always recommend that any customer visit the forum for advice. I alone have 22 years experience of building PCs. I'm a high end enthusiast and I do my homework on everything I say. My opinions are based on personal experience along with a general understanding of how things work thanks to my background and learning. I then prop that up by reading reviews, watching review videos and deciphering what I believe makes sense and rings true. This belief is an opinion, it's an opinion that may be contrary to other opinions which can then lead to healthy discussion. I'm one person, now multiply that experience with the collective of this forum and you have a full on knowledge base of true reasoning, experience and understanding across just about every single area you could think of.

You will never get the insight and understanding to each of the selections from any sales team IMO, and that's not to offend anyone in sales. It's just a fact. Do you go and ask the salesman in a forecourt about the implications of your choices when speccing a new car or do you hit the forums to see what the enthusiasts think? I know what I do and I like to think I choose more wisely in my purchases thanks to enthusiast support around the world.

As for point 2, it's already covered. The system now warns you about the Wifi and doesn't allow you to proceed.

Regarding the resistance. Up until now it's been a non-issue. Anyone who visits the forum is advised to avoid the premium paste when opting for a high end cooler. If you had visited and asked, you would have been directed the same way. Consider your approach to this entire situation though, it seems you are pretty salty about having spent the money on the premium paste and feel that this is PCSs fault. This could be completely wrong of course, but it explains the reaction to your initial post and it's also the way I have read it.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
BTW, I'm the first person that mentioned that Corsair Coolers come with high quality paste back when I first fitted my original H115 cooler. I had a brief discussion about it with one of the previous mods @Oussebon. After that discussion the members who weren't sure went away, did some digging, read some reviews and came to the same conclusion that I had expressed.

And boom.... just like that, it was known throughout the PCS Forum Universe :D

It's never been official though :)