PCS Test Windows

purplewakanda

Gold Level Poster
yes sorry I meant to say without...
I followed @Martinr36 method.

Clean install instructions:
Download a new copy of Windows using the Media Creation Tool to an 8GB (min) USB.
Boot that USB and choose a Custom Install.
Delete all UEFI partitions on the system drive (EFI System, Recovery, MSR Reserved, Primary).
Select the unallocated space that results and click the Next button. The installer will create the correct partitions and install Windows.
Run Windows Update repeatedly, even across reboots, until no more updates are found.
You may need/want to download and install the latest graphics driver from the Nvidia/AMD website (they change so regularly the latest version isn't always in the Windows libraries).

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Hey, I'll be recieving my PC soon withOUT OS and wanted to double check on what I need to do after i get it

1. turn on the pc to check everything, it'll have a Test Windows right? Yes, test everything with this testing system.
2. turn it off No need, you can just reboot.
3. turn it on with the usb with the Windows OS and boot up in the bios by spamming the del key? (im on 60% keyb so i'd have to click fn and spam del key right? Just restart (reboot) with the Windows installation USB stick inserted
4. Boot the pc through the usb? Yes
5. and i can do whatever from there? download all the stuff i need? Sort of - follow the @Martinr36 method above

Please correct me if i'm wrong. thanks!

19dayne

Bronze Level Poster
I followed @Martinr36 method.

Clean install instructions:
Download a new copy of Windows using the Media Creation Tool to an 8GB (min) USB.
Boot that USB and choose a Custom Install.
Delete all UEFI partitions on the system drive (EFI System, Recovery, MSR Reserved, Primary).
Select the unallocated space that results and click the Next button. The installer will create the correct partitions and install Windows.
Run Windows Update repeatedly, even across reboots, until no more updates are found.
You may need/want to download and install the latest graphics driver from the Nvidia/AMD website (they change so regularly the latest version isn't always in the Windows libraries).

Thanks for the help guys!

JediMonsoon

Gold Level Poster
Not sure if this is the right place for this question but… since I placed my original order I have changed every drive on the configuration. I’ve never been asked again as to where I want my windows installation to be. Will PCS know to install it on my fastest m.2 rather than my HDD which I added for general storage etc? I did originally ask for it to be on there but it was a different make size at the time?

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Not sure if this is the right place for this question but… since I placed my original order I have changed every drive on the configuration. I’ve never been asked again as to where I want my windows installation to be. Will PCS know to install it on my fastest m.2 rather than my HDD which I added for general storage etc? I did originally ask for it to be on there but it was a different make size at the time?
yes they will put it on the fastest drive