PCS - Value for Money?

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
I've long believed that PCS offer excellent value for money. With the crazy prices of GPUs at the moment thanks to the lack of availability there is pretty much no such thing right now. I was curious how PCS were fairing though.

For a long time I've been contemplating a new rig. I'm just not ready to go for it, so I'm holding off, but that doesn't stop me from giving my mind treats. I have the below spec in mind:

Out of sheer curiosity, and to check that the value was there, I specced up the same rig in parts from various sources.

Keeping in mind that doing so you need to consider P&P charges (especially if deals are from multiple retailers), it's a self build where you will be responsible for any mishaps, any warranty claims will be at part level with the manufacturer and the fact that you would do well to get a GPU from any retailer right now I'm absolutely blown away with the value.

The absolute best I could do was £2300........ if I could get a 3080 at retail price..... which I can't. If I wanted to purchase a GPU right now, I would be around £2600 total.

In the end I think it's there for all to see that PCS's pricing is fair. They don't "markup" their prices beyond the RRP where possible (they often undercut the RRP, check out the price of a 1000w RMX PSU retail compared to the PCS £136 price) and the actual building and warranty is factored into the sales margin of the components, rather than an overhanging charge simply factored on top.

Sure, if you try really hard you can save a few quid...... but the hassle of doing so needs to be seriously worthwhile to consider IMO. Past the enthusiast level where half the fun is building the rig it just doesn't make sense to do it alone. From what I've seen on the handling of warranty claims PCS are worth their weight in gold as they always stand by their products and go above and beyond to put things right, often sending out replacement parts ahead of the return so that there is no down time. Outside of certain GPU manufacturers that's just unheard of to me. Not forgetting this very forum, a plethora of experience and knowledge available to all customers, past and present. Genuine lifetime support.

Sure.... shop around, get the best deal you can. Be sure to consider everything and not just the price tag though, consider what you are getting for the cost. I genuinely don't think there's a better deal to be had anywhere.

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I've long believed that PCS offer excellent value for money. With the crazy prices of GPUs at the moment thanks to the lack of availability there is pretty much no such thing right now. I was curious how PCS were fairing though.

For a long time I've been contemplating a new rig. I'm just not ready to go for it, so I'm holding off, but that doesn't stop me from giving my mind treats. I have the below spec in mind:

Out of sheer curiosity, and to check that the value was there, I specced up the same rig in parts from various sources.

Keeping in mind that doing so you need to consider P&P charges (especially if deals are from multiple retailers), it's a self build where you will be responsible for any mishaps, any warranty claims will be at part level with the manufacturer and the fact that you would do well to get a GPU from any retailer right now I'm absolutely blown away with the value.

The absolute best I could do was £2300........ if I could get a 3080 at retail price..... which I can't. If I wanted to purchase a GPU right now, I would be around £2600 total.

In the end I think it's there for all to see that PCS's pricing is fair. They don't "markup" their prices beyond the RRP where possible (they often undercut the RRP, check out the price of a 1000w RMX PSU retail compared to the PCS £136 price) and the actual building and warranty is factored into the sales margin of the components, rather than an overhanging charge simply factored on top.

Sure, if you try really hard you can save a few quid...... but the hassle of doing so needs to be seriously worthwhile to consider IMO. Past the enthusiast level where half the fun is building the rig it just doesn't make sense to do it alone. From what I've seen on the handling of warranty claims PCS are worth their weight in gold as they always stand by their products and go above and beyond to put things right, often sending out replacement parts ahead of the return so that there is no down time. Outside of certain GPU manufacturers that's just unheard of to me. Not forgetting this very forum, a plethora of experience and knowledge available to all customers, past and present. Genuine lifetime support.

Sure.... shop around, get the best deal you can. Be sure to consider everything and not just the price tag though, consider what you are getting for the cost. I genuinely don't think there's a better deal to be had anywhere.
That's very similar to what I ordered the other week just case and cooler being the main differences and of the 3080, I ordered without a GPU, mine came in at £1619 at the time which i also thought was great value for money

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor

I think PCS's 'secret' is in the volume of builds that they process, that gives them all the advantages of economy of scale. That also means they can operate on a smaller margin per build. The icing on the cake is the 'no quibble' warranties, their positive response to problems, and of course the great contributors on here!

DaelpixPhotos

Super Star
I think PCS's 'secret' is in the volume of builds that they process, that gives them all the advantages of economy of scale. That also means they can operate on a smaller margin per build. The icing on the cake is the 'no quibble' warranties, their positive response to problems, and of course the great contributors on here!
Although this video is some years old, I'm sure it's still the same. Crazy how many computers they build and test all at once.

Just ordered mine Hope all goes well
Ordered mine yesterday too (y)

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Oh u wait coops !
Oh, I will!

I actually just got a promotion today so get my own office at work in about a month. I’m gonna cable manage the hell out of that space. Remember this meme?

83C95035-331C-4EFC-960E-FD8EACFDAE2F.jpeg

This girl will have nothing on me. I also won’t leave the lamp cable (and plug!) on show. Amateur!

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Oh, I will!

I actually just got a promotion today so get my own office at work in about a month. I’m gonna cable manage the hell out of that space. Remember this meme?

View attachment 28707

This girl will have nothing on me. I also won’t leave the lamp cable (and plug!) on show. Amateur!
Congratulations my good man! Do they have Agent status in the NHS? If not, I think you need to make it so!