Peanuts!

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
I love a good peanut. And I like all different types. Salted, dry roasted, honey roast, Marmite, salt & vinegar. All fantastic and partly responsible for the increase of my waistline over lockdown.

But I recently discovered a peanut that is quite frankly, offensive. It all seemed so good. Beer nuts? Endorsed by Adnam’s Brewery? What’s not to like?

Turns out they taste like a dry roasted peanut that’s been gently washed in Fairy Liquid.

Avoid these dirty little swines.
3B781B24-F438-4934-93AB-A8B33435B71E.jpeg

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I love a good peanut. And I like all different types. Salted, dry roasted, honey roast, Marmite, salt & vinegar. All fantastic and partly responsible for the increase of my waistline over lockdown.

But I recently discovered a peanut that is quite frankly, offensive. It all seemed so good. Beer nuts? Endorsed by Adnam’s Brewery? What’s not to like?

Turns out they taste like a dry roasted peanut that’s been gently washed in Fairy Liquid.

View attachment 30349
Probably made using the alcohol free version of ghost ship.............

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
The claim is that they’re ‘hauntingly’ good. All I’ll say is that it didn’t leave me in particularly good… spirits.

CA016463-1E03-4356-B5F7-E8F982FC0FD6.gif

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Think I'll stick to my Sainsbury's salted
Wise move. Although I’m low-key wishing that someone else will be curious enough to give them a go and see if it’s perhaps just me that’s got an unsophisticated palate. Mrs C is deep in the morning sickness so she’s not willing to give me the official French opinion. She’s so selfish 😜

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
This will appeal to the logically minded techies on here....

Many years ago (when they still served little packets of peanuts on airline flights) I was on an American Airlines flight from Heathrow to one of the east coast airports (I forget which one, there have been so many). The flight attendant reached my row, placed a paper napkin and a packet of peanuts on each tray table in my row and asked for our drinks orders. Whilst she was getting the drinks ready I absently gazed at the warning on the packet, it said "Warning this product may contain nuts".

The flight attendant could obviously see me looking concerned and she asked if there was a problem, I pointed out that I had a problem with the warning message on the packet of nuts. She patiently explained that the FAA requires them to put the warning on there because some people have a nut allergy. I replied that I understood that, it was the use of the word 'may' that troubled me, I require it to contain nuts.

Americans have no sense of humour of course and she just looked blankly at me and moved on......

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Wise move. Although I’m low-key wishing that someone else will be curious enough to give them a go and see if it’s perhaps just me that’s got an unsophisticated palate. Mrs C is deep in the morning sickness so she’s not willing to give me the official French opinion. She’s so selfish 😜
Where did you get them

KippleKat

Enthusiast

View attachment 30349
I think I'll stay away from these. I'm saddened to see Mr Filbert stoop to something so poor quality, his chili and lime peanuts are very good.

moosEh

Administrator
Staff member

View attachment 30349
But going back to the original nuts at hand. I've never rated Adnams ales so I would have given them a wide berth.

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
But going back to the original nuts at hand. I've never rated Adnams ales so I would have given them a wide berth.
All I drink at the moment is Duvel, I’m losing weight but still like to have a beer of the weekend. It’s got a good ABV but isn’t very calorific 👍

I shall take a selfie shortly after a handful of the reaper peanuts so you can see the aftermath.

polycrac

Rising Star
I used to get in some nuts called 'Beer nuts'. This was 20-25 years ago, in the midlands. They were basically peanuts in their skins perhaps with a faintly sweet wash (though I might be imagining that, it was so long ago) and they looked quite uniformly brown. They were COVERED with large salt crystals, enough that just a prolonged look at one could start your arteries shivering. I've hunted for them online since but to no avail - I'd love to try them again if anyone ever finds some. I like to think that some meddling health expert got them banned in the UK but that in more enlightened cultures they may still exist.

Nymor

I'm a big peanut fan but recently discovered these and thought I'd drop it in here as another snack recommendation

yN9Z6B9.png
t94oKt6.png

Jaimin Makhana popped lotus seeds. Awesome ... and gluton free for those that's applicable too.