People Selling NVIDIA 20XX Series GPU's

JohnWalton981

Silver Level Poster
I was curious about the used price of 20 series cards on the run up to the launch of the 30 series so started keeping track of used prices of 2080Ti cards.

ASUS ROG STRIX 2080 Ti

Pre-launch they went for an average of £826 on eBay with an average of 3 per week being listed.

Post-launch there has been 34 active listings, 13 ended and 21 active as of now, 7 listed on the night of launch :rolleyes:.
Out of the 13 that ended 4 didn't sell and the 8 that did had an average price of £595, a range of £500 - £750. I suspect some of the higher priced ones had bids before the launch price so couldn't retract (the reason I use EZsniper)
The average price people have bid on live listings is £520 - 6 listings in total, with most finishing in the next 5 days. The other 15 have no bids as their starting prices are £600+ with buy it now's of upwards of £1100! One finished today via a best-offer of £575.

I suspect buyers value them at around £550-£600 currently with the 3080 prices on Overclockers being £830 for the ASUS ROG STRIX version and the FE listed as £650 from NVIDIA.

All 2080 Ti Cards

Pre-launch the average was about £770 for working air cooled cards- I haven't done much analysis on this broad range of cards though.

In total 353 2080 Ti cards have been active since Monday's launch, 220 2080 Ti in active listings as of now (187 listed after launch). 133 have ended since Monday including the 13 above with an average price of £586. This includes some "for parts" and some water-cooled versions that obviously bring a premium.

There were also 7 2080 Ti cards (2 Palit, 2 Zotac, 2 EVGA and 1 MSI) listed within 15 miles on Gumtree on the night of launch with an average price of £670 - 3 of them even said they were selling to buy 30 series cards. I sent each of them a message saying " Hi. What's the lowest you'd take, bearing in mind the pre-order Founders Edition 3080 on the NVIDIA site is £650 and the launch stats showed them performing 50-80% better than a 2080ti. "

None replied :ROFLMAO: but two of them reduced their ads to £500.

This is all interesting (to me at least) and I think the used market will be flooded with 2080Ti cards at the end of September when the 3080 and 3090 are delivered and I wonder if some 2080 Ti bargains are to be had.

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
I think I'll struggle to even give my 2070 Super away if that's the way things are going! :LOL:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Ha ha. Palit 3070 are £450 on Overclockers which if the figures are to believed outperforms the 2080ti so this pretty much will devalue the whole 20 series, I suppose to a ludicrous level.
Nvidia just released a statement to confirm that the claim the 3070 is as powerful as the 2080ti INCLUDES rasterisation which is standard gaming raw power (no rtx) so obviously it remains to be seen through 3rd party reviews, but I’m really leaning to believing them this time.

JohnWalton981

Silver Level Poster
Nvidia just released a statement to confirm that the claim the 3070 is as powerful as the 2080ti INCLUDES rasterisation which is standard gaming raw power (no rtx) so obviously it remains to be seen through 3rd party reviews, but I’m really leaning to believing them this time.
Even f it isn't it can't be far off and when you consider the price point i't's a stonking card. I was thinking earlier the sticking point for most people is going to monitors. If a 3080 is £650 it's going to be the go to card in builds, but to get the most you need a yet to be released 360Hz monitor. I wonder if they'll handle running max settings and getting 144FPS :unsure:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Even f it isn't it can't be far off and when you consider the price point i't's a stonking card. I was thinking earlier the sticking point for most people is going to monitors. If a 3080 is £650 it's going to be the go to card in builds, but to get the most you need a yet to be released 360Hz monitor. I wonder if they'll handle running max settings and getting 144FPS :unsure:
I’m fully hoping we start to see some 4k ultrawides appearing before Christmas, they would really suit the 3080.

But yes, there are a few manufacturers just about to release 360hz monitors at 1080p, but also now we’re starting to see 1440p 240hz which would compliment it as well.

But let’s face it, it’s all about the ultrawides and superwides!